IGNORED

interesting system! can someone tell me more?

I just recently found a weird system at a yard sale this last weekend. It looks like a black atari 2600, yet the number on it is cx-2670. It uses a smaller cartridge slot than the 2600, and the joystick ports are completely different. The people I bought it from had no info on it. Is it a prototype? homebrew? thanks.

the system didnt come with controllers?

Maybe you can give alittle more info on what it looks like

Like where is the cart slot located & where is the location of the joystick ports & is there any other written info other then cx-2670 on it?

maybe we could narrow it down some more with alittle more description of the system

more info.. well, as I said, it looks like a normal Atari 2600, except black, the cartridge slot is on the normal area, except it is about 1 cm x 4 cm, give or take ( haven't measured it yet) the joystick ports are in the back, it is a 9 port one, except square instead of trapezoidal. It doesn't have the diffuculty switches, and the B&W/Color swith is replaced with "style". Also, I think it is larger than a normal Atari 2600 by about 2 inches by 3 inches. Otherwise, it looks identical.

No, I'm telling you, SirPaul, it's a PlayStation 2. The first models featured an old-fashioned cartridge slot, and you had to bend the CDs a little to make them fit. Try it! I'm serious!

CF

(This message has been close-captioned for the humor-impaired)