IGNORED

How do you keep track of what carts you have?

General Atarian

I use an MS Access database that is customized for what I need. I have looked at Cart Commander but didn't relish re-entering all the data I have accumulated over the last 10 years. General, if you want a copy remind me the next time you visit and I'll set you up.

Alan

I use the DP Guide with the little boxes I can fill in on the games I have. After the game listing, I write a B if I own the Box and an I if I own the instructions. If there are overlays, I write O (#), # of course being the amount I own. I keep all my games in alphabetical order by company. When I'm done moving and straighten out all my games on the book shelves in my "game" room, I'll take a few photos and see if someone will put them on here for me.

Phil

I've been doing this long enough to know what is rare. And pretty much all I need are the rarest games. I figure each game I am missing will cost me a minimum of $15. Of course if the price is right, I'll buy all the games anyway.

It's always good to have a list. The list shows you what is out there so you realize just how small your collection may be. I remember when I hit like 100 games for the first time and thought I had a lot. :)

Phil

I simply use EXCEL. Since I'm a player (not really, I just crush a lot ;) :D ) and not that big of a collector, Cart Commander is too much for me. I don't have a lot in the way of variations or such, so all told my "collection" is only about 150 games deep.

I keeps it simple. :)

I keep my list on my computer, hard disk & Printed out copy. I list my games as 1-Sealed in the box,2- Complete in the box, 3- loose Cartridge with instructions, 4-Loose Cartridge & now I have a section for all these new games that are coming out like, Waring Worms, Gunfight, MST2600 and others.

:) :) 8)

I keep my list on my computer, hard disk & Printed out copy.  I list my games as 1-Sealed in the box,2- Complete in the box, 3- loose Cartridge with instructions, 4-Loose Cartridge & now I have a section for all these new games that are coming out like, Waring Worms, Gunfight, MST2600 and others.

:)  :)  8)

Do you keep receipts, dates of purchases, people you purchase from, amount spent on items?

It is easy for me to fall easily into some sort of "obsessive" trap over organizing. It would be nice to know what a "normal" Atari collector keeps track of. It is impossible for me to have receipts of all the games I've collected, because some simply don't have "receipts", so this is the one thing that I haven't kept track of.

I have a old Excel sheet I had put together in like 4 minutes. It was nothing more than an Atari cart list off the internet cut and pasted into an Excel sheet after that I went thru it and x'd off what I had at the time.... Of course that was like a year ago.... I guess I really don't use anything.... I suck.

I use Cart Commander. All the features like reports at a click of the button make this program well worth getting (especially since it is FREE! he could charge money for it and it would still be worth getting).

Granted it takes time to learn how to use it well but the same can be said of any program with such features. I can not recommend it enough.

I'm making myself an online database cart management tool so that I can access it from anywhere.

View a v0.0.0.4 beta version at http://www.vigorfamily.com/browse.php

I'm currently converting it to work for multiple users. Perhaps at some point it will be safe for use by the general public (i.e. AA posters). :ponder:

I am a Mac user, so Cart Commander would have to be emulated with VirtualPC. I didn't want to mess with that. This way, I can work on my collection info from work or home without carrying around a disk. It's all online, all the time.

I try to keep everything on my web page, it's been a while since my last update though.

If I'm worried about something like label variations or stuff I can just check the pictures.

For my other collection, non-Atari2600, I have a check list of all the games available for each system and I just check them off.

www.atari2600.net