IGNORED

When is Mario RPG coming to the VC? Any ideas?

not for a long time if not never.

square recently said they had little to no interest in the VC now, so having that game on the VC is about as good as Bush resigning.

It's a real shame, because all the SNES rpgs that are the subject of so much price gouging are the only games that'd be worth the download cost, in my opinion. There's very little of interest on the VC that i can't outright buy for less than the cost of the download, but Super Mario RPG would definitely be worthwhile just to get to play it.

not for a long time if not never.

square recently said they had little to no interest in the VC now, so having that game on the VC is about as good as Bush resigning.

It's a real shame, because all the SNES rpgs that are the subject of so much price gouging are the only games that'd be worth the download cost, in my opinion. There's very little of interest on the VC that i can't outright buy for less than the cost of the download, but Super Mario RPG would definitely be worthwhile just to get to play it.

idk, the VC is tg16 heaven for me. those games i cant find, esp for 6 bucks, so im having a blast playing games ive never played before. as far as the super, ive dloaded a couple games including street fighter and f-zero. idk, i have both games already, but since i know i play those games ALL the time i really like the convenience factor. I think thats what your really paying for. now i dont have to switch systems, and i can play everything with what is essentially a snes pad anyway.

idk, the VC is tg16 heaven for me. those games i cant find, esp for 6 bucks, so im having a blast playing games ive never played before. as far as the super, ive dloaded a couple games including street fighter and f-zero. idk, i have both games already, but since i know i play those games ALL the time i really like the convenience factor. I think thats what your really paying for. now i dont have to switch systems, and i can play everything with what is essentially a snes pad anyway.

Yeah, i've heard the TG16 games are worth the $6, but i don't really have any specific interest in them at this point. I figure when i do buy a TG16, i'll buy one with a bunch of games in the lot, and it'll average out to under $6 a game. :)

The convenience factor, while i understand it is there for some, doesn't really apply to me. I've got all my consoles hooked up simultaneously, and all the games on bookshelves in the living room. I'm not paying $6-$12 so i don't have to get up between Wii Play and Super Mario World or something. :) The RPGs though...some of those would make it totally worthwhile. I understand SquareEnix's knowledge that they can continue to nail Final Fantasy Fanboys with perpetual rereleases of their old games at retail, but man...Super Mario RPG is never going to get a rerelease, might as well toss it to the VC.

Earthbound would be nice too. I have a copy, but i know a lot of people don't, and it's one of those games that everyone should play.

Since it is a SE/Nintendo game, I'm surprised it didn't come out on the GBA and sell for $30 - $35 like the FF and Mario games did! :x

Edit: I already have it for the SNES. I picked it up at a garage sale with several other games and a SNES for $10!

Edited by MCHufnagel

So just out of curiosity.. what made you guys pass it up the first time it was out? I also wonder about the TG16 as well, what made people pass that up the first time. I dunno but I found both things 100% irresistable.

It's like someone 10-15 years from now saying they want to get into the Wii. I gotta get it now :P

Edited by NE146

So just out of curiosity.. what made you guys pass it up the first time it was out? I also wonder about the TG16 as well, what made people pass that up the first time. I dunno but I found both things 100% irresistable.

It's like someone 10-15 years from now saying they want to get into the Wii. I gotta get it now :P

I passed on Super Mario RPG because I was a Sega fanboy at the time and had a Genny/Sega CD combo instead. I was just married and bought a house with a kid on the way. So no extra money to get any other systems even if I wanted to. I didn't buy a TG-16 for the same reasons. Oh well, garage/yard sales and flea markets have served me well these last few years! ;)

NE...

For me I never had the SNES until I got into collecting the systems in the late 90s. When the TG-16 came out, It was too expensive a purchase for my folks to justify. Took all I could to get them to get the 7800 back in '88 for me. What sold them on that was the fact the 7800 could still play the 2600 games. So all those 2600 games I had since getting the 2600 back in '82 would still be played on the 7800. In addition I never knew anyone that had a TG-16 locally and don't recall many commercials for them on TV back in the day.

The SNES came out when I was in the Army. This is important, because at that time I wasn't into consoles anymore and was all about the PC. I spent my hard earned money upgrading my PC as best as I could. Also remember in the 90s that upgrading a PC was still more expensive than upgrading now tends to cost. Either way, my Atari was retired to a closet at my parents house at that point.

Another interesting thing is that even when I was in the service, there were several other soldiers in the barracks that had consoles. But...the only consoles I ever saw being bought and played were the Genesis. It is probably one of the reasons why the Genesis was first console I bought when I started collecting. I have good memories of playing sonic games with my buddies and hanging out drinking beer while they were playing NHL or Madden. There were some who had the SNES but you rarely saw it getting any playtime where I was.

So to sum all of this up. I never got most of the games when they first came out for the simple reason that I didn't really know about them or get exposure to them.

I passed on the TG-16 when it was current because I was a college student paying my own tuition and only making $10 or so per hour at a part time job. I bought a Sega Genesis instead. If I remember correctly the TG-16 was only on the shelves for a year or two anyway. I wish I had bought one back then, and never got around to buying a used one. I have bought the pinball game for the TG-16 on the VC. Good game. I have been debating on buying the bonk games. I probably will eventually.

I played Super Mario RPG on the SNES. Good game.

i had never heard of the tg 16 when i was a kid, and only realized it existed when i started collecting. back then my freinds had genesis systems playing mortal kombat at thier houses. i was stuck with an nes throughout the whole super nintendo's life span. on the christmas of 96 i begged for an n64 using the "I still have an nes after all these years" plea.

My mom, the one thing she DIDNT buy for me on christmas, sent my useless now gone stepdad to get it... got me a damn snes instead.

really sucked when i was having dreams of super mario 64 and star wars shadows of the empire, and I ended up having a super with Super Star Wars and Frogger -_-....

until only recently have i started to enjoy the system again as for years i hated it as it was exactly what i DIDNT want. its ok though, ended up buying a 64 with my own moola in 98. first of many systems for me to purchase on my own.

I also wanted a saturn at the time.. even more so than the n64... but HELL i got a genesis as my parents didnt know the diffence -_-

ended up selling the super AND the geneis after a bit out of just pure hate for them both lool. glad i got better ones now, as i love the systems now that i can appreciate all i had before.

Edited by AtariJr

have you ever tried buying some of those tg games they have on the VC???? waaaaay more than 6 bucks my freind. you wont find that out in the wild unless you really jip someone lol

Nearly every classic system and game i own was purchased in the wild, many at prices drastically lower than what they're worth. The difference is all in not pursuing specific items, but waiting until they come to you. :)

As to why i passed on Super Mario RPG the first time around...same reason i passed on all the SNES RPGs. They were friggin' $60-80 retail and never got much cheaper. I'm slowly getting them though...my theory is that if i can get EarthBound for $3, i can probably get this one pretty cheap too. Patience is a virtue. :)

Back in the day, it didn't make any sense for me to have one growing in the position I was in. Back in 1989, when the tg-16 was released, I was 11 at the time, and my parents didn't give my younger brother and I a nes till 1991 due to price of the system and the price of the nes. So, getting a tg-16 wasn't practical before 1991. The only games I had were 7800 and 2600 game.

The year after my brother and I got a nes, we got a sega genesis. My brother and I tried Sonic at Target, and liked the game and the ads for the system helped me want a genesis. I've seen the t-16 in stores and it seen the games in catalogs back in the day. There some tg-16 games that like they would be the type of games, I would like to own. The commericals I saw for games for the system was for Bonk. The problem was the cost of a tg-16 and its add-on. The earliest I could've it, was the year after the system was discontinued after the two systems my brother and I got. Even then it would be debatable due to price of the turbo duo.