IGNORED

Bomberman 2 SNES

I just got Bomberman 2 for the SNES today. I used to have the first one on the super, but this was the only one at the store. and for 12 dollars for this AND star wars battle for naboo on the 64, i figured it was a steal.

unfortunately there are some unforgivable issues here. Why in multiplayer mode can you not walk through people??? its ruining my whole stradegy, and its stupid. its nearly ruined the multiplayer. i do like how each players' bombs are the colors of the players, but with no walking through other players and no ultimate stage (where you have every power up already) its really lame. hell, the tg16 game is better than this.

also, where is the bomberman music??? seriously.. its like... gone. the title screen, the loading screen, the levels... if I was just listening to the music id never know this was bomberman at all.

anywho, i figured this was a good game, and was very similar to the first but its not. now i have to find the original if i can, but i was lucky enough just to find the second.

anyone else have these issues with this?

• 2 months later...
The big issue with this game is that the final boss is impossible. For me at least.

I have the first Super Bomberman too, but I found it after this one and as is not uncommon, haven't got around to playing it as yet

Super Bomberman is the greatest 4-player game of all-time IMO. I haven't played 2, though. I could see where not being able to walk through another player would almost ruin the game. That sucks.

Next time you do an Import buy look into Bomberman 3,4,5 for the Super Fami, people say they are pretty good games,

and didn't the Saturn get a decent Bomberman also?

Saturn Bomberman is an excellent game. Although not quite as good as Super Bomberman (IMO), the fact that you can play with 10 players makes it quite unique. I have had 8 (I think) going at once, and it was a blast. You definitely need a bigscreen if you are going with a bunch of people because they make the characters tiny to squeeze everyone in.

Edited by horseboy

I love my Super Bomberman 2 even with those features. It's all around fun and adds a unique gameplay though I've yet to get and play the first Super Bomberman game.

In regards to the Saturn Bomberman, it's going to cost you some good monies and throwing in the awesome Bomberman Multi-tap (not the generic Sega multi-tap) puts it a bit higher as well. The price has kept me away from it and I've bought plenty of other Bomberman titles but one day it'll hit my shelf.

I love my Super Bomberman 2 even with those features. It's all around fun and adds a unique gameplay though I've yet to get and play the first Super Bomberman game.

In regards to the Saturn Bomberman, it's going to cost you some good monies and throwing in the awesome Bomberman Multi-tap (not the generic Sega multi-tap) puts it a bit higher as well. The price has kept me away from it and I've bought plenty of other Bomberman titles but one day it'll hit my shelf.

The JP version (Bomberman SS, but often listed as Saturn Bomberman, not to be confused with Saturn Bomberman Fight or Saturn Bomberman War) is cheap and the Action Reply 4m Plus Auto for imports is inexpensive as well.

Edited by BrianC