IGNORED

Is there a way to make regular 'Pac-Man' out of Jr. Pac-Man?

PacManPlus

I was thinking about this one... Being that Jr. Pac-Man scrolls vertically, someone can actually create the Pac-Man (or Ms. Pac-Man - or even Hangly-Man) :) maze - at the correct aspect ratio (and just have it scroll, like the NES Ms. Pac-Man version). That would be a cool idea - I've already replaces the monster graphics (I made them look more like the 5200 version - with the 'Little Orphan Annie' eyes). But I haven't gotten deep enough into the code to start changing things like that...

What do you guys think?

I understand this was already done with the Ms. Pac-Man cart, but I've always hated the way the ghosts' eyes don't follow their direction... :P

heh I've thought about this since the days when I first thought about the possibility of changing MsPacman to Pacman. (Which as we all know turned out to be VERY possible thanks to Rob K) ;)

As far as hacking Jr.Pac, I imagine it *should* be possible although there are most likely a whole bunch of hurdles or difficulties which we don't really know about or haven't thought about yet. If it is possible, it would most likely be a hobbyist labor of love but unfortunately I don't exactly have the 6502 and 2600 programming expertise to try. :ponder: (How do you dissassemble a 16k image anyway?) *shrug*

But that would be awesome wouldn't it. :)

Why would you WANT to, though? Jr. Pac-Man is superior to both of its predecessors, both in its rules and its extra elements (like the prizes that transform the dots, the imaginative mazes, etc.). In fact, Pac-Man -- even the emulated arcade game itself -- is probably the Pac-game I play least often. It's fun to engage once in a while from a purist standpoint, but that's about it.

CF