IGNORED

Gorf: Good News and Bad news....

Gorf

30 minutes ago, KidGameR186496 said:

To give My two cents on the matter: Gorf Classic showed that the Jaguar is capable of producing near-arcade perfect ports of classic arcade games (just like Xevious on Jaguar). I do wish we could see more near-arcade ports like Gorf and Xevious for the Jaguar, but that's just me XD

But developers have been told for decades that nobody wants to see 8bit games....   even the developer of Gorf said that... 

Hell, people even bitch and moan at 16bit games...

so go figure.

• Haha 5

26 minutes ago, KidGameR186496 said:

To give My two cents on the matter: Gorf Classic showed that the Jaguar is capable of producing near-arcade perfect ports of classic arcade games (just like Xevious on Jaguar). I do wish we could see more near-arcade ports like Gorf and Xevious for the Jaguar, but that's just me XD

More?

Heck, I'd like to actually see Xevious or Gorf on my Jaguar!   Played Xevious every year at PRGE being told it was going to be release "real soon!", and yet it never did.   I've downloaded a dozen Gorf 2000, Gorf PD, Gorf whatever files for the Jag and they are all unfinished demos where you cannot die.

16 hours ago, oracle_jedi said:

More?

Heck, I'd like to actually see Xevious or Gorf on my Jaguar!   Played Xevious every year at PRGE being told it was going to be release "real soon!", and yet it never did.   I've downloaded a dozen Gorf 2000, Gorf PD, Gorf whatever files for the Jag and they are all unfinished demos where you cannot die.

Xevious has more to do with Bandai Namco (owner of the Xevious IP). Knowing that AtariAge is now under the umbrella of the current Atari incarnation under Wade Rosen, it would be a PR nightmare for them explaining to Bamco why the heck a Jaguar port of Xevious is being sold without their consent. Which is understandable.

Meanwhile, Warner Bros (current owners of the Gorf IP, as it was published by Midway) does not know what to do with Gorf. They just have the game sitting on a shelf doing nothing while collecting dust, along with other vintage Midway games except Mortal Kombat and oddly enough Rampage...