IGNORED

WiiConnect 24 in games

MegaManFan

Reading about the possibility you can trade items between players on Wii has me thinking; has there yet been a Wii game that lets you play cooperatively or competitively online? Since it has built in wireless internet and personal avatars it seems a real shame that they're not taking advantage of it yet.

Pokemon.

there are games already out in japan.. wait till fall till you see that. i think the wii service will be like an advanced DS online when it gets started, but just like the DS online, we'll have to wait about a year before it takes full force.

Hopefully it'll be in something a little more adult than Pokemon. I'd like a Metroid Prime where you can run-n-gun side by side with a co-op partner online.

lol didnt say pokemon was the ONLY online game ever going to grace the console. just giving you an example that the system is already in place so that means future games are coming out for online. anywho, one of the main reasons i heard for metroid prime 3 being delayed for a year was because of online, so im sure youll see that game this holiday with online play.

Pokemon isn't being released until the end of June, so you still have about a month and a half wait for any online play on the Wii. My kids might want Pokemon, but I will likely pass. I havent read much about what future games will support online play. I would expect Nintendo's big name sequels to support some type of online play eventually. Mario Kart 5 or Wii Sports 2 would be naturals. Maybe Madden 2008?

Considering how much Nintendo has been reluctant to embrace online gaming, I am not holding my breath for a Xbox 360 like experience from my Wii anytime soon. :sad:

like i said, just wiat a bit.. i honestly think it will be like the DS but superior. poeple take the ds online system for granted now, but few forget that at least for people with launch DS units, it took a LONG time to see online come to the scene even though it was promised when the DS was created. Expect to see this with the Wii. Trust me in a couple years, people won't even remember how the wii started out slow, just like they dont with the DS. This Christmas should be the beginning of their service's real start (i know pokemon comes in june, but i mean like when a lot of games will come out at once that use it)