IGNORED

proud new owner

bomberpunk

i haven't even plugged it in yet. i'm waiting until i get back home two hours away, currently visiting my parents. i'm too lazy to hook it up and box it up again in the same day. besides after 7 months, what damage can one more day do?

a lot.

i've been staring and drooling. but it's almost time to head back!!

[jukebox]Europe-The Final Countdown.mp3[/jukebox]

Well done on picking one up! Have you got a second remote for it? Wii tennis could be the most social thing ever devised.

Oh, I can heartily reccomend Excite Truck. Complete racing insanity with a perfect control system.

Well done on picking one up! Have you got a second remote for it? Wii tennis could be the most social thing ever devised.

Oh, I can heartily reccomend Excite Truck. Complete racing insanity with a perfect control system.

i second excite truck.. wonderful game, easily my most played game.

btw, what games do you have so far?

i have WiiSports, WiiPlay, and i bought Legend of Zelda at launch.

the next game i want to get is Super Paper Mario, and the long-awaited NiGHTS II whenever that comes out.

Nights alone is reason enough to get the Wii, im so excited about it, being a saturn lover.

I got my Wii last week. A month or two ago, by chance, my wife noticed Wii's on Play.com on pre-order which you could actually buy - this was a good sign that they were getting some in that they knew about so she pre-ordered one for my birthday and two days after my birthday (last Monday, May 7th), one arrived! (and I brought Twilight Princess on that day)

Good system

I've had mine since december and honestly play it more than my 360.

Games I recommend:

elebits

trauma center

excite truck

wario ware

wiiplay

metal slug anthology

super paper mario

there's more that I can't think of right now.

I've had mine since december and honestly play it more than my 360.

Games I recommend:

elebits

trauma center

excite truck

wario ware

wiiplay

metal slug anthology

super paper mario

there's more that I can't think of right now.

zelda?

I have zelda for both the wii and the gamecube, played the wii one for about 5 hours, got frustrated and haven't played since.

And while the overall reviews are mixed, I actually enjoyed the sonic and the secret rings game.

And about the impending release of nights for the wii: I was a fan of the game for saturn, but in all honesty, the way things have been going for sega, it will probably be a disapointment.

Edited by Smiley

i sure hope Nights doesn't disappoint; i've waited years for this!

also, i have to recommend Battle Lode Runner for the Virtual Console. it's only six bucks, and it was never released in the states. Edit Mode lets you create 10 custom levels ranging from 3 arena sizes, and VS Mode supports up to five players.

• 2 weeks later...

My friends and I have had LOADS of fun with Battle Lode Runner and Bomberman 93...Hudson really was wise to support the VC as well as they have been and we gamers are really reaping the benefits. Sure I could play these games on an emulator, but good luck setting it up with my four friends.

My friends and I have had LOADS of fun with Battle Lode Runner and Bomberman 93...Hudson really was wise to support the VC as well as they have been and we gamers are really reaping the benefits. Sure I could play these games on an emulator, but good luck setting it up with my four friends.

HA! we have some nice timing. i just came back from the grocery store (about an hour ago) to find Vanilla Coke in stock and went apeshit. i love that stuff too.

and yeah, BLR is great, even though i'm stuck on one of the Puzzle levels. i'm also a bomberman fanatic (my screenname says it all, remember Atomic Punk on the gameboy?) but i didn't download the BM'93 because i already own the Bomberman Collection on PC. long live Hudson Soft!

while bomberman 93 is by far my most played VC title, has anyone else had issues with this program freezing? i havent touched the game now in weeks as the last 4 times we played we got all SORTS of weird bugs from invincible players stuck in the falling rocks when time runs out and NOT dieing, to the game simply just freezing (and no it wasnt the wii, as i could bring up the wii menu). Hell, sometimes it even ended the game early on mulitiplayer (we would set up a game of 5 lets say, and it would end on the second game... wth).

i had a screenshot of the invisiblity one in the blocks, but i cant seem to find it (had my wii hooked up through my iMac in college). ill post it if i find it.

that sounds awesome, in the context of fun randomness at least. i mean, how great would it be if there was an all-round tie with one last round to claim the game and you suddenly cannot die. hahahaha!!

edit: i also picked up super paper mario. chapter 3-3 sucks. that tree can kiss my butt.

Edited by bomberpunk