IGNORED

Final release titles for "dead" systems.

Just because a game doesn't see a US release doesn't make it unofficial.

Agreed, The Dreamcast releases mentioned TriggerHeart Exelcia, Last Hope and the others are Official Dreamcast releases by Original 3rd party developers who Sega authorized to code for the Dreamcast and on the Official medium of GD-ROM CDs

Just because Sega themselves isn't making software for DC anymore, doesn't mean the other companies who supported it, can't continue to do so at their financial descretion, and still be a big company with resources to make a quality Official game for the DC. I believe the most recent release was TriggerHeart Exelcia released only a month or two ago. However, it very well may be the last Official release on Sega GD-ROMs, because Sega is retireing this type of media, Which was designed by them. (Giga Disc - ROM) There is a petition on one of the Dreamcast sites for Sega to not retire the medium, so DC software companies can continue to use the GD-ROM with it's superior features over the CDR or audio/data format. Also, I've heard the GD-ROM uses the CDpickup in the DC more efficiently than CDRs, increasing CDpickup life.

Nope. There's lots of great shooters and Naomi arcade backports, still coming out today. Like Under Defeat, TriggerHeart Exelica, Karous, Radilgy (Radirgy?), and Last Hope which also saw release on the original NeoGeo hardware (AES).

Ya, but I'm pretty sure the topic starter meant last ""OFFICIAL"" releases meaning...games made by large companies etc. and distributed on a large scale in stores accross the country. ;) The games you list and also someone who said Gorf on the Jag...I consider those homebrews.

Under Defeat, TriggerHeart Exelica, Karous, Radilgy (Radirgy?), and Last Hope - - These games are made by large companies and are in no way shape or form, homebrews. As mentioned they are on the Official Sega GD-ROM of which only Sega can put into production, sure the Dreamcast is no longer supported in retail stores, but can be found all over the Dreamcast scene here in cyberspace. Who knows how these late Official releases are marketed in Japan. I have a few of them and they say: copyright registered tradmarks of Sega, and in no way appear homebrewish but only totally professional.

Edited by ovalbugmann

Ya, but I'm pretty sure the topic starter meant last ""OFFICIAL"" releases meaning...games made by large companies etc. and distributed on a large scale in stores accross the country. ;) The games you list and also someone who said Gorf on the Jag...I consider those homebrews.

Just because a game doesn't see a US release doesn't make it unofficial. Look at the Saturn; most of the good games never left Japan; and the systems was consequently a lot more popular there... Sega still has to authorize GDROM production so until the games start coming out on 700MB CD media they're plenty 'official'.

Well OBVIOUSLY I was talking about UNITED STATES releases... ;)