IGNORED

Scrapyard Dog-- how is it?

Propane13

I have this game on the 7800, and I'm playing it a lot.

It's making me think that perhaps I should buy a Lynx, and try this game out.

Or, at least try it in emulation.

What are the opinions of this game, compared to its 7800 counterpart?

Fun? Complicated? Drives people crazy?

Many thanks!

-John

The Lynx game is almost totally different from the 7800 one. There are MANY more and unique levels has really good graphics and it even has boss characters to defeat. It's also has much better control.

I found it to be a lot of fun, although it is pretty tough. But there are warp zones to help you skip if you want...

I haven't played the 7800 version, but I can say that I adore the Lynx version. It was the second game I got for my Lynx, and I was quite young at the time and had much more freetime to put into it. I've put some 75+ hours into it, I'd estimate, and beat it at least 10 or more times. Scrapyard Dog is an incredibly fun title for the Lynx, with hidden secrets everywhere, tons of different powerups, and a few easter eggs. Finding the different warp points and the "key" to accessing each one will take you some time, but it's always rewarding. Once you know how to do it, you can beat the game from the start in probably 15 minutes. Really a quality title for our little handheld.

• 3 weeks later...

The Lynx version is definitely much better. It looks like something of an attempt to rip of Mario games. I actually think it does a decent job, although Mario fans/experts might very well disagree. Anyway, it's definitely a decent platformer, and well produced.