IGNORED

Atari2600.com is releasing HOLEY MOLEY by Bob Polaro!!!!

DEBRO

Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't realized Atari2600.com put up their new website. Interesting that they're releasing another Bob Polaro game. I wonder if this one differs from the binary already floating around? I haven't actually tried to play the game, but now I'll need to fire it up in my Cuttle Cart and give it a shot. Of course, I'll also have to dig out a keypad controller of some sort. :)

..Al

The pending Atari2600.com release of Holey Moley has a binary file identical to the one featured on AtariAge and elsewhere. The source of the Atari2600.com Holey Moley's code is the original Atari Lab Loaner held in the possession of Bob Polaro since 1984. I was surprised that the code was identical to the protos sold by Best Electronics in 1996 since they came from different sources.

The pending Atari2600.com release of Holey Moley has a binary file identical to the one featured on AtariAge and elsewhere.  The source of the Atari2600.com Holey Moley's code is the original Atari Lab Loaner held in the possession of Bob Polaro since 1984.  I was surprised that the code was identical to the protos sold by Best Electronics in 1996 since they came from different sources.

Thanks for the clarification! I was wondering if perhaps Bob Polaro had a different version of the game as what happened with Bugs Bunny (which had quite a few changes from the proto floating around the net). I haven't tried playing the game yet, is it complete?

..Al

I did a complete write up on Holey Moley for my proto page (coming soon!), and as far as I can tell it is complete. It's actually quite a fun game and get's challenging at the later rounds. I'll make a temp page about it tonight (no peaking at the rest of the site until it's finished!).

Just remember, don't whack the mole butt!

Tempest

I sure hope the quality control has gotten better since Bugs Bunny.

Great game don't get me wrong but they could have spent a little more time/money putting together a nicer box and label. I was pumped up going to the Philly show expecting to find something on par with Elevator Action and Combat 2 but was disapointed and ended up passing on the game.

I just bought a best electronic proto of Holy Moley too.. <sigh>

Ohh well.... if they do a nice job on the box I'll buy it anyway.

Adam

Got out the CC and CCU, found my keypad and hooked everything back up (not as much work as that sounds) last night to play Holey Moley.

Oh yeah, I guess. Gameplay is as you would expect. Don't know that I'd specifically do a commercial release of it, but then I bought the two Mega CD games from GoodDealGames so who am I to talk?