IGNORED

Disk Utility for MyDos Subdirectories

Larry

I've got a problem disk... Is anyone aware of a file trace utility that will trace through MyDos subdirectories?

All that I've tried will only work in the root directory. Not terribly hard to write one, but if it already exists...

Thanks,

Larry

Hi. You can try my ATADIM v3.02 Beta. It supports MyDos subdirectories.

http://raster.infos.cz/atari/forpc/atadim.htm

(There is required to set .ATR and/or .XFD filename extension to Atadim executable file

or drag-and-drop .ATR and/or .XFD files to Atadim executable file or to link to this file.)

Thanks, I'll check it out.

In the meantime, I've "decoded" the way that MyDos handles subdirectories, and I think that I can modify another Turbo Basic disk utility to include tracing through the subs.

-Larry

Well,

there once was a tool called "Directory Wizard" by Steffen Hoehne (from Germany). With this tool a) one could create good looking directories (with special text or character entries in the directory), one could solve the "Error 164" problem and of course one could do a file trace. There were two versions available, version one was for Turbo & Bibo DOS (supporting max. 360k disk densities and up to 128 file entries), while version two was for MyDOS, supporting all MyDOS densities and MyDOS subdirectories. Both versions came on one disk, using the "flip it over" method (version one = sidea, version two = side b).

An old(er) version of this Directory Wizard can be found on the Abbuc magazine, alas this one is for DOs 2.0/2.5/Turbo DOs only. I am searching for the newer version (which included MyDOS also) for quite some years now, but without success... Think KE-Soft or maybe Power per Post sold it for a short while... -Andreas Koch.