IGNORED

Questions on a few games i purchased

Atari5200

I got 3 games coming to me, Rampage, Slime World, and Shadow of the Beast.

I've never played these games before, so what do you think of them? I like other versions of rampage, and from what i've heard, Slime World is kinda like a metroid type game right? Shadow of the beast, i have no clue about.

Yup, all three of those are really good. Slime World is like Metroid in that you trek all across these subterannean passages on a distant planet and get lost several times over in your attempt to get away. But there's none of the ability upgrades of Metroid, just a few items that you can find, use, and lose over the course of your game. So it's more the atmosphere and not so much the gameplay that are Metroid-esque. Slime World is one of my favorite Lynx games.

Shadow of the Beast is among the best for the system. The graphics and music are all top notch. The difficulty isn't as brutal as the SNES and Genesis ports, but it's still a somewhat challenging game. It almost does have the Metroid gameplay, as you explore a large area looking for the switches and items you need to open up the path to the next big area. There's a little bit of backtracking, and if you go into the wrong area before you have the right equipment, you're doomed. But it isn't too hard to figure out with a little exploration.

I haven't played too much Rampage, just a little bit on an emulator, but the classic Rampage gameplay is intact.