IGNORED

Other 2600 cross promotions

Adrian M

The thread about the strangest places people have found 2600 games has sort of got me thinking about what companies offered promotions or discounts for Atari 2600 games back in the 1980's.

I can think of 3 off hand, but I know there are many more!

1.) Kool-Aid had that promotion where you could send in Kool-Aid points for the Kool-Aid Man game. My brother and I spent the entire summer drinking nasty Kool-Aid to save up enough points for it.

2.) Post Cereals had the PARKER BROS discount promotion or contest. I'm not sure which it is, but I got my copy of SpiderMan this way.

3.) Johnson & Johnson had a toothpaste promotion for the "Tooth Protectors" game. My mom somehow had enough UPC symbols to get this game completely free!

There are more. Anyone remember any others???

There are more.  Anyone remember any others???

I'm surprised you didn't include the Ralston-Purina Chse the Chuckwagon promotion. :)

..Al

Yeah, I missed an obvious one, but the fact of the matter is that I never even knew that this game existed up until 1997 when emulation was beginning to take off.

I don't ever recall seeing or hearing of a promotion for this game back in the day, partly due to the fact that we didn't have a dog back then.

For that matter, in the seven years I have been collecting I have never seen any Purina literature supporting the "Mail-in for your CTCW cart" story.  Does anyone have any documentation pertaining to this?

Ok ... Time to go to the redneck hardware store and see if I can find an old bag of dog food. :P

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA