IGNORED

Namco Producing Classics Remix for Wii

8th lutz

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3159634

Preying upon nostalgia is one thing, but the sheer volume of Namco Museum titles that Namco's produced over the years is staggering -- a simple 1UP search proves that. Namco Bandai's taking a unique approach to their Wii compilation, however, instead "remixing" a variety of classics to work with the Wiimote, allowing gamers to "whip, swing, twist and shake up the video game classics," according to IGN's reveal.

Namco Museum Remix will feature Wii-mixed versions of Pac 'n Roll, Galaga, Rally-X, Gator Panic and Pac-Motos. We don't remember Pac-Motos being a classic -- or even a game at all -- but we'll follow for now. No word on whether we'll have access to the original versions of these games, but it's likely, as Namco's also tossing in Galaxian, Dig Dug, Mappy, Xevious, Gaplus, Super Pac-Man, Pac & Pal, Pac-Mania and Cute Q.

Sounds like a game that should drop before the end of this year, but Namco hasn't said.

I think we seen enough versions of the original Galaga. For Namco's sake, there be Galaga' 90, and Dragon spirit on the TG-16 by the end of the year or by the April of next year along with porting a Japan only tg-16 game called Dragon Saber.

I imagine Pac-Motos is going to be a Pac-Man themed variant of their old arcade game Motos, where tiny starships would shove each other off a platform floating in space. The Monkey Fight game in Super Monkey Ball was pretty similar to it. It's a pretty good fit for the Wii, although I hope it will have more depth and better graphics than the rather plain arcade original.

While I'm all for freshing up gameplay with a wiiscific control scheme, I hope they haven't just slapped something together to justify a $50 price tag. Especially since I saw the Cube versions of 2 Namco Classics titles at Walmart for $14.88.

yea but this is not just classic games in a compilition.. its a remaster of old games, into a 3d or better looking 3d format. i was disappointed at first to see pac n roll on there, as i dont really see that game as a "classic" to be redone.. ah well. but after seeing the screenshots im thinking maybe it will be fun. i have it on my ds but i honestly havent played it in a long time.

Don't forget that the collection will also include some of the older arcade titles as well. I believe one of the arcade games to be included will be Super PacMan and that is awesome news indeed!

I did see a screen of Rally X Remix and it looked neat... PacMan driving the car and all in a 3/4 perspective... it may not have been an ingame shot but it looked neat.

I would hope this will be a $29.99 kind of release... especially if it comes out this holiday season and there are tons of potential "Must Have" games coming out.

I'm really interested in seeing how Pac-Motos is going to turn out. I got hooked on the original Motos when I bought the Namco Battle Collection for PSP. Pac-n-Roll could be cool too as I loved Banana Blitz and Pac-n-Roll on DS was neat.