IGNORED

Did ALL 7800 games by ATARI have factory shrinkwrap?

Rik

The reason i ask is cus someone on ebay is advertising 2 7800 by ATARI as new.I asked if they're shrink wrapped,and the answer was "No,but they're new".I responded that if the games are not shrink wrapped,then they legally cannot be considered "NEW".Every 7800 GAME made by ATARI i've bought as new,had the legit shrink wrap,and if there was no wrap,then i considered them used,that was always my understanding.EDIT,games were IKARI WARRIORS AND COMMANDO,which with the help of the experts here at ATARIAGE,have confirmed they were indeed FACTORY shrinkwrapped,THESE GAMES HAD THE WRAP REMOVED,so, in my books they're USED,and the seller shouldnt have charged new prices for them!

Edited by Rik

Yes, they were all shrinkwrapped AFAIK. I think what he means by new is that they haven't been played yet.

Yeah,but how can that be proved?I mean as a serious collector,one would want to know exactly what they're buying.For all i know the game could have been played for years(and its damn well %90 chance it was,since the wrap is missing) and put back in the mint box,and sold as new,and if the game was played, then its not new,and the seller i dealt with wouldnt answer whether or not they've been tested(the games),all he said was"ive played them before",what kind of answer is that!.Non the less ,i chose NOT TO BUY THE 2 GAMES,sounds shadey to me.

I think a few games were with the box that was glued shut and had the little flaps to close the top in lieu of shrinkwrapping (ie - my copy of Robotron 2084 is like this).

Yeah, my Robotron is like that as well. I find the boxes look worse like that.