IGNORED

Geometry Wars on WHAT?!

Jess Ragan

I cant see this working without using two of the chucks in each hand.

At least not the Retro Evolved versions which that article states will be included.

If true, That would suck if you only had one controller.

I'm sure they will include some crap way to control the game with just a wand and chuck, ( I can't imagine how tho) but face it, in order for this game to be Geometry Wars Retro Evolved as we all know and love it, you will need two analog sticks.

That said the article doesn't really go into detail about the main game Geometry Wars : Galaxies.

My prediction is it'll be GW in name only. Maybe a first person space game??

Well..it is possible they could program the game to use the Cube controller? That way you could use the analog thumb on the left and the camera control on the right? Metal Slug supports the cube controller as will super smash bros melee. So either that or maybe using the classic controller as an option as well.

Well..it is possible they could program the game to use the Cube controller? That way you could use the analog thumb on the left and the camera control on the right? Metal Slug supports the cube controller as will super smash bros melee. So either that or maybe using the classic controller as an option as well.

Oh yeah I could see using the classic controller for GW Evolved as well, I still haven't picked one of those up yet.

this was recently posted on Joystiq... no its no classic controller :

"We were taken aback (in a good way) when news trickled in that the Xbox Live hit Geometry Wars was making its way to the Wii and DS. CVG and GameSpot were surprised, so they got in touch with Roger Carpenter, senior producer for Geometry Wars: Galaxies, to get the scoop on the announcement.

The first big question on our minds: how will dual analog controls translate to the stylus/Wiimote? Carpenter says not to worry. Early tests with the remote/nunchuk combination were very promising, and n00bs managed to rack up respectable scores with ease. We're assuming the analog stick will move the ship and a hearty Wii remote jerk will fire the weapon. And touch screen control should be a snap: move with the d-pad, fire by tapping the screen.

The next item of interest is the announced single-player campaign mode, something we would have never imagined for the coin-munching arcade style of Geometry Wars. Carpenter promises a more "varied and structured game" complete with galaxies, solar systems, and planets ripe for exploration. You'll need to plan battle tactics and scrounge up currency as well.

Along with the robust single-player mode, Galaxies will also offer online multiplayer modes for both games. Look for the titles to hit sometime this holiday season."

hope that helps - AJ

EDIT: btw, "jerking" the wiimote is stupid, you would probably just point to aim (jerking would make your arm come off, i mean common you need a stream of firepower, not individual shots). also, reading the comments for this post were very humorous (as are many comments on joystiq... thank god we dont have those posters here). i especially love the one about how the wii wouldnt be able to handle the graphics.. thats almost laughable. i mean gw is pretty, but if a dc can do rez, i think a wii can do gw. also, my bet is for it to be on the wii shop channel.. doubt it will be a packaged release.. if it is , id say no more than 30 bucks with the extra content.

Edited by AtariJr

Early tests with the remote/nunchuk combination

OK, I'd love to have a game to look forward to for the Wii, because mine is a paperweight. But this statement alone shows that GW for the Wii will either completely suck or be GW in name only. I had hoped they would use the classic controller, but that hope is now dashed.

The DS version is a lost cause. Everyone should know by now that I don't really defend the current analog stick fetish, but Geometry Wars is a game where you NEED 2 analog sticks. Without them, you are meat. This is the case whether the game is for the DS or the PSP. You can't do Geometry Wars as it should be on either of the current portables, and it's entirely a control issue.