IGNORED

Could someone help me find an Atari part number...

I'm looking for the part number and/or model number of a particular power brick for the 800XL. It's the sand colored one that matches the design of XL series (with the little square notches around the top). I'm beginning to think I imagined it. When I googled, all the power bricks I found pics for are the black universal ones. I'm hoping to get one from Best if I can find find the right model number.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I'm looking for the part number and/or model number of a particular power brick for the 800XL. It's the sand colored one that matches the design of XL series (with the little square notches around the top). I'm beginning to think I imagined it. When I googled, all the power bricks I found pics for are the black universal ones. I'm hoping to get one from Best if I can find find the right model number.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

You might try B&C. I know they have a nice description with pix of all the 800xl bricks.

does it look like the one in this thread?

sorry I dont know the part #, but it might help!

Bingo! That was exactly what I was looking for. At least I know it exists and I'm not going crazy just yet. I guess I'll email the pic to Best and see if they've got one.

Thanks everybody!

c061982 is marked on mine. When I search ebay for that pn (co61982, actually), though, I come up with a black one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=290119572482

c061982 is marked on mine. When I search ebay for that pn (co61982, actually), though, I come up with a black one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=290119572482

Yeah, according to the other thread there are five different power bricks that share the same model number. On the surface that wouldn't be so bad, but apparently the 'ingot style' brick can destroy the computer when it fails. Good thing to know.

At least you've got one of the reliable ones. :)

I can dig out my ATARI 800xl and see what power supply I have and get the part number for you if it will help :cool:

I appreciate it, but Best Electronics emailed me back with some more info, so I'm all set. Unfortunately, all they have on hand are the black square adapters. I was really wanting the sand colored one, but apparently these things are the hardest to find. I guess I'll make due with what I can get. :(