IGNORED

Lynx power problem..

willis

I have a Lynx II that powers on and you can hear sound from the game, but you cant see anything on the screen. The adaptor that i used to plug it into the outlet wasn't the official lynx one that you can get. Now if you tilt the lynx the right way, you can barely make out what is on the screen...... barely. Is it possible that the adaptor power is too litlle/too much and that is what is causing the screen to do this?

please help!

Put batteries in...... and the screen still does the same thing. So i take it there is something wrong with the screen? is there any way to fix it??

Try to buy a broken unit and switch the LCD displays (including backlit).

Well, it may be something more simple than that, does the lynx do anything when you adjust the brightness? I'm thinking dirty or broken pot here.

Well with the brightness turned up all the way is when you can barely see anything on the screen if you tilt it the right way..........barely. When you adjust it the other way, you can't see anything it's just black. Is it dead and should i just be looking for a new one? I had used it with a adaptor plugged into the wall and it worked fine as far as i could tell, then the next day while on vacation i took it out and plugged it in and that's when the whole black screen happened.

Well, it may be something more simple than that, does the lynx do anything when you adjust the brightness? I'm thinking dirty or broken pot here.

Well with the brightness turned up all the way is when you can barely see anything on the screen if you tilt it the right way..........barely. When you adjust it the other way, you can't see anything it's just black. Is it dead and should i just be looking for a new one? I had used it with a adaptor plugged into the wall and it worked fine as far as i could tell, then the next day while on vacation i took it out and plugged it in and that's when the whole black screen happened.

You are telling about a vacation, did you travel to a place with another powersystem (like 230V AC)?

You are telling about a vacation, did you travel to a place with another powersystem (like 230V AC)?

I just stayed here in the US....yellowstone

I just stayed here in the US....yellowstone

did you kept the lynx pluged in while you not where playing, and did the power flicked at any time before this happend?

No, i just found a a/c adaptor that fit the lynx the night before i left and tested it out for about 5 min. and it seemed to work perfect. When i was done testing it i unplugged it and packed it up. Then the next day on vacation the screen just didn't seem to be bright at all, although i did have sound.