IGNORED

Gates of Zendecon opinion and questions

Atari5200

I actually sat down and played the game from beginning to end going from gate to gate and wow, this game is pretty amazing. The graphics are pretty damn good, there are a nice mix of enemies, some interesting power ups, and some really nice explosions.

This was one of the first games for the lynx??? How do other shooters stack up to this game?

I actually sat down and played the game from beginning to end going from gate to gate and wow, this game is pretty amazing. The graphics are pretty damn good, there are a nice mix of enemies, some interesting power ups, and some really nice explosions.

This was one of the first games for the lynx??? How do other shooters stack up to this game?

For my taste it's way too easy and it does not deliver a deep gameplay. It's fun for a short moment but it has only very limited replay value.

I think Gates of Zendocon is the best Lynx shooter. It's actually one of my favorite Lynx game overall. It's fun. It has beautiful graphics. And very nice music. The gameplay is laid back and it just has a very special atmosphere that I find hard to put in words. :)

And I DO think is has a high replay value. Compared to Zarlor Mercenary and Raiden it has TONS of levels (over 50!) It will take lots of time to discover and play all of them.

A little more variety in the boss area (and few more of them) would have been nice though.

I agree completely with you SwedenLynxer, I could'nt have said it any better. :)

And I'll third that opinion. I spent many happy hours with Zendocon in 1990, and always thought it to be the best of the Lynx shooters. It's got some beautiful graphics and music, and -- best of all -- is beatable! Conversely, both Raiden and Zarlor Mercenary are too hard, and tend to discourage casual gameplay.

huh? How is this obtained?

In a level you have to start the shield and go through the floor to a hidden door (you'll loose the laser but should be alive enough to proceed to the gate)

Here's what google gave me :

go to Level 15 (TRYX). When it begins, turn on the shield and go through the bridge right in front of the first artillery car. If you make it through, position the ship under the bridge and keep it there until you pass the first pylon. Upon passing it, move the ship to the bottom of the screen immediately, until your past the stalactite. As soon as you pass it, move the ship back under the bridge and you will make it by the final pylon. If you succeed in clearing the obstacles, the warp will be there waiting.

Edited by semicolo

huh? How is this obtained?

In a level you have to start the shield and go through the floor to a hidden door (you'll loose the laser but should be alive enough to proceed to the gate)

Here's what google gave me :

go to Level 15 (TRYX). When it begins, turn on the shield and go through the bridge right in front of the first artillery car. If you make it through, position the ship under the bridge and keep it there until you pass the first pylon. Upon passing it, move the ship to the bottom of the screen immediately, until your past the stalactite. As soon as you pass it, move the ship back under the bridge and you will make it by the final pylon. If you succeed in clearing the obstacles, the warp will be there waiting.

Is this the level where you shoot the developers' heads as they fly through space? I seem to remember that being the hidden level for this one, but it's been years since I played it...