IGNORED

MYDOS ON CART

What are benefits of having MyDos on a cart?

There are two of these. IMO, the best by far is the 1-Mb (bit, not byte) flash cart from AtariMax. Boot the flasher image from APE and program the cartridge. Be aware it is not significantly faster than a hard drive, but if you want a cart for Dos, this is the way to go. The cart can always be reflashed for other Dos or whatever. Steve has a very nice label for this one, too.

-Larry

Can a cart-based MyDOS or other DOS load those "emulator only" bins that load at $0700?

Actually maybe that's a dumb question... the DOS still needs low RAM for variables and disk buffers...?

I'm not much of a game player, but AFAIK, the cart loads MyDos exactly where a disk boot would. So if regular MyDos won't load it, neither would the cart.

Once upon a time, there was a MyDos RomDos for the 800. I think Mathy might have some info about it on his site. (?) As I remember, it would load some stuff that regular Doses choked on.

-Larry