IGNORED

GameCubing With Rogmeister - My DS Collection Update

RSS Bot

Below I will basically be reprinting what I previously wrote about my first ten DS games...plus I'll be adding four titles which I have bought since then. I guess 14 titles isn't a big collection but I'm not going for a complete collection...

1. Animal Crossing: Wild World is the sequal to the GameCube hit. I don't love it as much as I did the original. Maybe I'm just tired of the whole thing.

2. Konami Classics Series: Arcade Hits is another version of Konami's Arcade Classics (which came out on the PS1 years ago) but they've actually added more games...this collection has 15 games where the PS1 compilation had 10. Among my old favorites here: Scramble, Time Pilot, Track & Field, Circus Charlie and Contra.

3. Metroid Prime Hunters is one of my more recent purchases and I haven't really started playing it yet.

4. Metroid Prime Pinball was one of my first 5 games on the other hand and one I enjoy. I would like to see some more traditional pinball games come to the DS, however.

5. New Super Mario Bros. is terrific and one I played pretty much non-stop for a couple of weeks.

6. Nintendogs: Dachshund & Friends is one I like a lot but haven't played in awhile. I should get back to it soon. There's a cat version coming out (but not made by Nintendo as I recall) called Purr Pals. I'll pick that up, too, if it gets good reviews.

7. Purr Palls is basically a cat version of Nintendogs...it's by a company other than Nintendo so it may not be as good (I have yet to start playing it).

8. Puyo Pop Fever is the game I got yesterday. I got the GameCube version recently and enjoyed it so much that I decided to pick up this portable version of it. Added note: This is one of those addictive games where you just have to keep playing. I'm glad I got it.

9. Resident Evil: Deadly Silence is, despite the subtitle, basically a port of the first Resident Evil game. There is also an added mode for more intense action. I notice the game has subtitles which is odd since I can clearly understand the dialogue in this game.

10. The Sims 2 is my first Sims portable game. This is probably the next game I'll really try to get into on my DS.

11. Super Mario 64 DS is another game I need to get back to and play. I really like the Mario games, evidenced by how many I have, both on this and other systems.

12. Super Princess Peach is another game that takes place in the Mario universe.

13. Yoshi's Island DS is yet another. I haven't really played this yet...I hope Baby Mario doesn't bawl like he did in the SNES version...that was so annoying

14. Zoo Keeper was my first puzzle game on the system...I find it interesting that the two puzzle games I have for the DS are so far the only DS games I have made by a company other than Nintendo. I do need to get at least one more puzzle game. I think it's a law that every gamer has to have Tetris....

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=3377