IGNORED

Chips Challenge Level 2

Spector

Never played this well known Lynx game before as it's not my thing, but I thought I'd give it a try...

On Level 2, there is a river that you have to cross, but there are only two blocks on your side of the screen, and they are in front of each other so they can't be pushed at the same time. The end result is that the river can't be crossed, and because it's a puzzle game, that's the end of the game for me.

How did anyone ever get past it?

Never played this well known Lynx game before as it's not my thing, but I thought I'd give it a try...

On Level 2, there is a river that you have to cross, but there are only two blocks on your side of the screen, and they are in front of each other so they can't be pushed at the same time. The end result is that the river can't be crossed, and because it's a puzzle game, that's the end of the game for me.

Great game, Chip's Challenge. Walk below one of the blocks,

and push it upward. Then walk around the right of it, and push

it all the way left into the river. Walk onto the block in the water,

to solidify it. Then walk back below the other remaining block;

Push it up one, then to the left, across the block you solidified

in the water, so the second block falls into the water over to

the left of the first block, ultimately making a two block bridge.

Does anybody know the purpose or why there was a Mandelbrot program in Chips Challenge?

I believe it was partly to show off the power of the Lynx and partly because the CC programming crew was bored. It's actually the main reason I bought the game; I'd heard about this awesome secret that was bigger than the game itself and had to try it out. I didn't really care for it once I tried it, but the actual game is quite fun.

First, push one of the blocks up or down to the wall, then push that block into the water. Walk on it to make it solid. Then repeat with the other block. This is just a simple puzzle in therms of later levels :)

Edited by per

Is it me or did this game come on a Microsoft Entertainment package in the early '90s? Anyone remember Jezzball?

Yep, it came in WEP (Windows Entertainment Pack) 4, and BOWEP (Best Of Windows Entertainment Packs, but that version are missing some sound effects). Unformality, the windows version was slightly bugged in terms of the original Lynx game.

Edited by per

Chip's Challenge Level II?

...here was hoping someone replaced the original level data with new levels... sigh...

Actually, that's been done, too. By the original creator, Chuck Sommerville. He just can't release "Chip's Challenge II" because some other company who purchased the rights from Epyx is sitting on them. Also implies that this is a modification to the Windows game, not the Lynx original.

Details here.

Edited by rockman_x_2002