IGNORED

Atari 800win+'s Hard drive option

I seem to remember that atari800win+ has the option of using the pc hd for storing atari 8bit files on (mostly exe and com files) but in pc format

I also understand that the HD option only works with spartados and spartados compatible dos's

With this in mind, using the above method of accessing pc formatted atari 8bit exec. files in spartados and compat. dos's, would it be possible to 'mass' rename all the files (at the extension end) from exe/com to xex (since xex has since become the new standard format for representing Atari 8bit exec. files

Any help is greatly appreciated

CA

Mass rename *should* work.

Regardless, you can do same from a Cmd prompt in Windows.

H: works with Atari DOS too - it's just no so crash hot with wildcards. Plus, Atari DOS gets stroppy when you try to use certain "Windows legal" characters in filenames.

Wilcards *sometimes* do strange things in Sparta when using the H: device. I would definitly test it before using it.

It seems to me that I recall in the latest version of a800win+, the H: device is better behaved than it was in earlier versions. I know that in some of the early versions, wildcards did not work at all!