IGNORED

The Lynx spark

Damon Plus

I like reading reviews on my free time, and I found one that I specially liked for Todd´s Adventures in Slime World (I´m not going to put the link because I don´t know if I can do it). Here´s some parts:

"There's a certain fun in being in on a secret. Knowing something that most people will never discover, feeling sorry that they missed out. (...) The Lynx was the creation of Epyx, one of the great classic game studios whose games should be required playing for everyone. In the late '80s, the designers of the Commodore Amiga set out to create the first color handheld, capable of displaying brilliant colors and amazing visual effects far beyond anything seen in a home console.(...) Epyx wrote six launch games, which are all excellent, and a few others later on; Epyx eventually faded away, but went out on a high note. Today, I want to highlight a personal favorite, Todd's Adventures in Slime World. This title perfectly captures both the charm of Epyx and the spark that made Lynx great. Here is a clever, imaginative game that literally oozes with curiosity and invention."

I think it captures perfectly what the Lynx is. A great system, too advanced for its time, that has become a secret pleasure for everyone that has had the luck to play it. I specially like the Epyx part. All of the launch games were excellent, or at least, they were made with love, that love long gone in actual games.

This leads me to a question: Which game do you really think that captures the "charm" the Lynx has?