IGNORED

Forza 2

MetalSlime23

Forza Motorsport 2 Given Platinum Award by Famitsu Magazine!

http://forzamotorsport.net/news/pitpassreports/pitpass47.htm

scroll way down... this is a BIG deal!!!

An Xbox game get's a Platinum Award in Japan!

I don't own a 360 yet, but this one's on the top of my list....

I'm done with Sony! no online GT4, high PS3 price....plus what happened to GTmobile for psp?

And on top of that they shut down the OPM!

I'm glad microsoft supports the xbox magazine!

i'm ramabling...

-rick

What I'm really curious about now that I've thought about it some more is if there will be downloadable cars, and if so, at what price.

I guess I need to log into Xbox Live and check it out. That might be what makes or breaks my interest in this game.

For those interested you can get Free Shipping and a $10 Giftcard when using this link to order Forza 2 from Best buy:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/splash/f/f...pSrc=Home#promo

Also if you pre-order Madden 08 you get another $10 off, if you can combine offers...not sure you can.

Edited by moycon

• 2 weeks later...

I borrowed this game from my friend until I can save up $60, and two words, truly amazing. This game is, and I can actually say this, the BEST racing game I've played in my life, period. I was so psyched about this game for so long, and within the time span of 48 hours, I've spent about 25 playing this game, the rest sleeping and stuff. This is the most I've played a game straight since I first got Oblivion.

I sucked at the demo, as it was more realistic than Forza 1, and I didn't play it too long, but after playing this game for about 5-10 minutes, everything adjusted perfectly and just felt right, this is one of those must have 360, and defines the racing/online racing genre. The online in this game is absolutely amazing, even though I've only spent about 30 minutes there racing because I was too busy doing other things in the game. But what I did play, i loved it. The people there make it great also and it feels more like a real-life professional racer even more when online. Normally in the game, you would bump into the AI to make a quick pass and hope to wreck them, when in online, you would only make smooth passes and try to not wreck into the other cars, out of courtousy. This is just normal standard online circuit races, I don't know if it's that much different than Forza 1 in that regard, as I never played online much with that one. Other modes include tournaments, auctions, live race feeds from other online games(Forza Motorsport TV), and a few others. The online auction house is really great, i messed around with that a little bit, but not too much though. Also, every time you complete a single player race, your times are posted on a scoreboard for that track/car class.

Right now I have $650,000 in my bank, over 30 cars, 4 of them race cars, and have completed 2 endurance races. i am currently at Level 24 in the Career mode.

This will be the best racing game until Forza 3, I can almost guarantee it, due to Gran Turismo being fucked over by Sony due to taking out the rumble feature in the controller, so unless GT5 does something great with the motion sensors, then Forza 2 will when the FM/GT batle.

Time to go finish the rest of my race. :)

Edited by ewing92

Man! My girlfriend bought this for me today. She came home from work and saw me playing Oblivion, so she said "how about we get you a strategy guide for this game? It looks like it's pretty immense."

While we were in the store I started browsing through a Forza 2 strat guide, just to see what cars the game has. I can tell you there aren't any Chevys in it that I can see.

Anyway, she saw what I was reading and decided to buy that for me too! I tried to refuse, but she wouldn't have it. I guess she's been feeling guilty since I have been spending most of my time studying and cleaning. (I have an exam in two weeks for work)

At any rate, I intend to play this thoroughly tonight. I'll post a good review of the game tomorrow. Stay tuned!

This is probably my favourite 360 game so far. Online is brilliant, career mode is huge and the physics are amazing!

This is second favorite for me, Oblivion will always be my number one. This is also second in addictiveness for me, first 2 days I had this game, i put about 20 hours on it, while Oblivion first 3 days i had it i put about 40 hours on it, but that may be do to being my first 3 days with my 360.

Sorry for taking so long....

Forza rocks! I've raced for about six hours so far and have unlocked four cars, one of which is a 1985 Toyota. There's just something about racing a car that was never meant to be a race car that's entertaining. This game would have received more of my attention if I hadn't purchased Guitar Hero II around the same time. :ponder:

The graphics are really nice, although I would enjoy them more if I had an HD TV. One thing that bothers me with 360 games is that the print has a very high resolution, making it difficult to read at a distance. It looks as though the system is trying to project the game in widescreen format, and since I have standard TV, it doesn't work too well. I've already checked all the settings to make sure that my system is set for standard def at a normal aspect ratio. I guess this is just a downfall to not owning an HD TV.

The physics in the game in my opinion are more realistic than Gran Turismo. In GT when you take a sharp turn too fast and wind up in the gravel/grass, you come close to a complete stop. In Forza you slow down significantly and lose control of the car in most cases, however you keep going. This is nice to me since I have a habit of doing this a little too much and need to get back in the race.

I love the damage effect. One time I spun out and ran head on into a wall, backed up, and kept on racing. My car kept veeing to the right, so I had to put forth some effort to follow the track. Trying to turn with a damaged car is extremely difficult! The best part was looking at the fdetail of the shattered windsheild as I crossed the finish line. Another crash left my front bumper flying down the track behind me.

This game has a pretty close to fully customizable difficulty setting. You can control everything from the AI of the other cars, to the damage penalty. You can also turn off those annoying lead lines that tell you were to position yourself in turns and accelerate/brake, etc.

I can't to get on Live and auction off my first car. I haven't played the online stuff yet, but I'm not too into playing online so it will probably be a while. I just want to customize a great car and try to sell it.

So any of you plays Forza 2 online? I got the game a week ago and have been playing it almost non-stop. It is very addicting with the leveling up both the driver and each car. Played abit online but it can be brutal since I have not unlocked many of the good cars (and don't know how to tune them).

I bought the Forza 2 Limited Collectors Edition about a week ago, and it's awesome. The only problem is that I don't have enough time to actually play it :( The flexibility in painting your car is amazing, and something that EVERY racing game should have. I'm usually pretty terrible at "realistic" racing games, but so far it actually seems quite forgiving (thank god for the assists!)

--Zero

I bought the Forza 2 Limited Collectors Edition about a week ago, and it's awesome. The only problem is that I don't have enough time to actually play it :(

Same here. Forza 2 is KICK ASS, just not enough time to play :(

It has two of my favorite cars ever - my old CRX, and my current Subaru WRX STi! :lust: :D

Edited by remowilliams