IGNORED

Wii Case Modding

AtariJr

Heres a link and a sample pic of the case kit thats in the mid 50's. not too bad if it comes with the case and leds and everything you need to set it up. i dont really lik ethat it cycles through all the colors though, as id rather you could just pick one color (like my dreamcast with its yellow led lights). also, they dont seem to show the front of the unit. im guessing for a reason as the blue led woudlnt look that great next to these colors. there will be a review soon , so ill keep everyone posted when they give more details. also, while i love case modding, the wii is a bit too new and a bit too sharp to want to mod its case (same reason i decided not to do the NES mod thing).

http://gear.ign.com/articles/792/792814p1.html

post-8862-1180668570_thumb.jpg

Edited by AtariJr

Ha. Pretty flash. Wouldn't mod mine though. I mean, it's perfect already, It'd be like trying to mod.. a Mac or something.

One thing I did mod though was the Xbox. It was so heavily internally modified (and ugly as sin) that I felt compelled to change the way it looked because it really wasn't an Xbox any more.

I kinda hope Nintendo just keep the Wii in it's basic white for it's entire run, make a style statement.

Ha. Pretty flash. Wouldn't mod mine though. I mean, it's perfect already, It'd be like trying to mod.. a Mac or something.

One thing I did mod though was the Xbox. It was so heavily internally modified (and ugly as sin) that I felt compelled to change the way it looked because it really wasn't an Xbox any more.

I kinda hope Nintendo just keep the Wii in it's basic white for it's entire run, make a style statement.

yea i agree with not wanting to touch the wii. i mean the dreamcast and xbox's were almost like blank canvases... flat and begging to be given some color and style, so i think thast why you see those moded a lot. i doubt they will keep it just white... but if they change it wont be for at least another year. they do that sort of stuff when sales are slowing down , like with the ds -> ds light, or the silver gamecube. they WILL have black if they follow the mac influence as the macbook pros and ipods are now beginning to have black as a common color. im happy with mine though. the only color that really interested me besides white was the link green faceplated one that is used for devs.

if i had to have a mod , it would be to keep the blue led on the front of the system on when the system is playing. so much potential there and its hardly used. (granted its nice to know when i have an email )