IGNORED

Adventure II Limited Edition for $89.95!

Aegis

They didn't buy a few copies only to turn around and resell them for a much higher price did they??? Seems like Albert would probably limit the number of copies he would sale to an individual to keep people from taking advantage of collectors.

tjb

They didn't buy a few copies only to turn around and resell them for a much higher price did they??? Seems like Albert would probably limit the number of copies he would sale to an individual to keep people from taking advantage of collectors.

tjb

I did limit the number of copies per person to two. Does disgust me a bit that they immediately turned around and sold at least one of them for $90.

..Al

I did limit the number of copies per person to two. Does disgust me a bit that they immediately turned around and sold at least one of them for $90.

I'm not surprised at all, and I'm sure its not going to be the last one you see resold in the near future. One of our fine 'collectors' here will no doubt have one on ebay if possible.

In fact I did scan eBay too and no sign... yet. Surprised me not to see one on there so far...

LOL!

I have it as a saved search.

I love Adventure II, BUT.............

If it shoots up over say, $400.00

It'll test my love!

I will be honest, if I decide after a certain time that I dont like it enough (all hypothetical, I havent played it yet) maybe I will sell it to the highest bidder of course, and you know what I will do with the money?

buy more homebrews from Atariage :rolling:

I didnt buy Adventure II for investment but I am not a collector "enough" to keep a game I dont like....

Easy fix, no limited edtions. Keep producing identical units forever and only adjust the price for inflation.

Mainly I did the limited edition for the many people who pre-ordered the game--it was never part of the original plan. I know that people are going to turn around and resell the game, no real surprises there. If I ever do this again I will probably only allow one copy per individual and perhaps exclude known dealers and vendors from purchasing copies to at least give everyone a fair shake at getting the game at a reasonable price.

..Al

Easy fix, no limited edtions. Keep producing identical units forever and only adjust the price for inflation.

Mainly I did the limited edition for the many people who pre-ordered the game--it was never part of the original plan. I know that people are going to turn around and resell the game, no real surprises there. If I ever do this again I will probably only allow one copy per individual and perhaps exclude known dealers and vendors from purchasing copies to at least give everyone a fair shake at getting the game at a reasonable price.

..Al

clap.gif

I'm sure the authors aren't particularly happy with this sort of crap either.

I think a little too much is being made of this.

Out of 250 sold, *one* shows up for sale?... and None on ebay (to my knowledge)?

It's not like the PS3 debacle ;)

How so? We're just having a discussion. Really, the fact that even *one* has shown up so quickly is quite disgusting to many people. While I'm sure the seller will wind up posting here that he is only selling it to spend the extra on his "collection", blahblahblahblah...it's all about profiting from someone else's work. Nothing illegal about it. Not a hell of a lot ethical about it either, but that's the way it goes.

Out of 250 sold, *one* shows up for sale?... and None on ebay (to my knowledge)?

How so? We're just having a discussion. Really, the fact that even *one* has shown up so quickly is quite disgusting to many people. While I'm sure the seller will wind up posting here that he is only selling it to spend the extra on his "collection", blahblahblahblah...it's all about profiting from someone else's work. Nothing illegal about it. Not a hell of a lot ethical about it either, but that's the way it goes.

Selling one copy for what you paid for both copies is actually kinda smart cause now he got his own LE copy for free :ponder:

Yes, we are having a discussion. And in my experience discussions are a lot more interesting when people have different points of view :)

I'm not sure what the "How So?" refers to, so I'll cover the possibilities:

1. How is it not like the PS3? Well, the PS3 was bought out over the first weekend for the *sole purpose* of scalping. People got hurt, shot, and bunnies cried.

2. How is it that I think people are making too much of this? When people call selling THEIR OWN PROPERTY "unethical"!

I have a CE cart, and I won't be selling it. I'm just a little creeped out by people's reactions to this, though. If I did sell it though, you can bet I'd never say so... I'd get my tires slashed or something ;)

If I did sell it though, you can bet I'd never say so... I'd get my tires slashed or something ;)

:rolling: LMFAO :rolling:

With all this crazy talk about this game now I'm almost ready to sell mine for a crazy amount of money to a) stir the pot and b) laugh my ass off at the sale price I get for LE A2 when I just go and buy a normal run of the mill A2 cart for $40 bucks. :lol:

Edited by Shawn Sr.

1. How is it not like the PS3? Well, the PS3 was bought out over the first weekend for the *sole purpose* of scalping.

I think this situation is way different. It's a very small scope effort put together by a small dedicated group of people and aimed at a small community.

I'm not objecting to people at some point deciding they don't want theirs for whatever reason and selling it at some point, that's just fine. It's when someone is purposely scalping off the efforts of a homebrew community like this - that's scummy.

I'd be nice for a change if not everything had to have big green visions of profit written all over it. But people usually don't seem to care how many others they have to tread on to get their little nut, no matter what the case in point is. :|

..Al

Ahh, but then people would bitch, "But I want one to play and one to keep mint", and the dealer would price it at $150 because it was harder to obtain. I think high blood pressure is inevitable when dealing with collectors :)