IGNORED

Adventure II Limited Edition for $89.95!

Aegis

Some ebayer is trying to flip one for $99.95 now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Atari-5200-Adventure-I...1QQcmdZViewItem

Look at the lovely bent manual. Oh, and nice total cut n paste job from the AA store description!

The "bent" manual is normal. It's just a bit of curl on the corners, which is a result of the heavy toner on the glossy paper and the very high temperatures inside the printer to fuse the toner to the paper.

..Al

I was just curious and followed the link.

Seems that harvey's bargains has been reading this thread. He dropped his price to $89.95 and reiterated Al's explanation of the curled maual in his auction. Obviously he don't want anybody to know who he is, being the original purchaser of that particular numbered LE at $50 just to resell. Goes to show how these scalpers know who they are ripping off from who and that they will become an instant bad rep to the AA community if we found out who they were.

For reselling 1 or 2 copies at double the price? No one's gonna get rich like that -and it's not worth losing one's self-respect over that either. It all boils down to selfishness.

Besides, the unboxed is much cheaper to buy from the AA store. I mean, it's nice that Al wanted to do something special, especialy for those who pre-paid and were very paitent, it's more for them really; but scalping is inevitable and I'm glad Al put a limit on the sales or alot of us who waited for the release first would have had to put extra money where it don't belong, just to own at least one boxed version (not that I would, but i'm glad I picked up mine). Sure, alot of people missed the boat but why would anyone pay double the amount just to have a box and key? It's like paying a ransome to a theif and nobody should support them by paying the extra demand as if were a hostage. I hope nobody breaks down and picks it up. And if that's so, he should hopfully relist it for the same amount he paid to start with --if he needed the money, and let the bidders decide what it's worth. Trying just to cash in with an extreamly high BIN is just bait to snare a BIN sucker who don't know better. Sad.

harveys_bargains

Everything in this package is in MINT condition as originally received. There is slight curling on the high quality full color manual due to the high temperature from the printing process that was used to create it.

Please pay with Paypal for this auction, Priority shipping in a box within the USA is $4.60 plus required insurance of $2.05. Sorry no international bids for this item.

PLEASE NOTE: THE LIMITED EDITION NUMBER OF THIS CART WILL ONLY BE REVEALED TO THE WINNING BIDDER.

*Ahem* --that's if you have a winning bidder -whoever you are.

Sure, alot of people missed the boat but why would anyone pay double the amount just to have a box and key?

Actually I ended up buying more keys, so even the copies without a box will still get a key. The only differences are the box and the limited edition sticker on the back for the initial 250 boxed copies.

From the auction,

This limited edition was sold out on a pre-order basis for a long time.

Harvey (and I know you are reading this), this is not a true statement. About half of the limited edition copies were pre-orders, and the rest were sold when I added the game to the store recently. Also, part of the description for your auction was lifted verbatim from the entry in our store:

http://www.atariage.com/store/index.php?ma...products_id=334

I suggest you either credit the source or remove this text from your auction.

..Al

Sure, alot of people missed the boat but why would anyone pay double the amount just to have a box and key?

Actually I ended up buying more keys, so even the copies without a box will still get a key. The only differences are the box and the limited edition sticker on the back for the initial 250 boxed copies.

Oh, that's good news then. I thought otherwise because there was not a key shown in the store photos. At least there's now less reason to buy from ebay just for the key. And I seriously doubt anyone will pay $90 plus just to have the box.

Maybe I should print up more empty ADV II boxes and sell them at $40 each... NOT! :rolling:

Oh, that's good news then. I thought otherwise because there was not a key shown in the store photos. At least there's now less reason to buy from ebay just for the key. And I seriously doubt anyone will pay $90 plus just to have the box.

I haven't had time to update the page in the store yet, but I will be doing that soon.

..Al

I hadn't been on the 5200 Forum recently, so I was surprised to see our sale of Adventure II cause such a disturbance. Operating in a free market and playing by the rules is what I do. I didn't pre-order the games, just ordered them through the AA Store like everyone else. I had offered one of the AA games to a friend but he had already purchased one. Left with two in hand and a $100 hole in my wallet the decision try and sell one was obvious.

No hard feelings to anyone I hope.

JC

Atari2600.com

Its cool.We understand your a business man and its not like you bought up and were hoarding a bunch of boxed Adventure II carts and jacked the prices up because you were the only one that had copies of it.

I hope you still have your own personal copy to play its a great game and with the box you have something sweet to show your friends too. :) (I shop at Atari2600.Com quite abit too,Great online store. :) ).

I hadn't been on the 5200 Forum recently, so I was surprised to see our sale of Adventure II cause such a disturbance. Operating in a free market and playing by the rules is what I do. I didn't pre-order the games, just ordered them through the AA Store like everyone else. I had offered one of the AA games to a friend but he had already purchased one. Left with two in hand and a $100 hole in my wallet the decision try and sell one was obvious.

No hard feelings to anyone I hope.

JC

Atari2600.com

Hey JC

There are always a few people that are going to complain about things, no matter what, I assure you that 99% of the people here have no problems with this at all. Looking forward to future deals with you and I just sent an email with some possible trades, thanks and talk to you soon - Brian

Its cool.We understand your a business man and its not like you bought up and were hoarding a bunch of boxed Adventure II carts and jacked the prices up because you were the only one that had copies of it.

Albert limited purchases to 2 per person so the most a person could buy specificially to make $$ off it is 2. Otherwise we'd hear a lot more sob stories like "I was going to donate them to the kids cancer center, but all the kids were going to die anyway, so I figured why not sell them for 100% profit and donate the proceeds to a better charity...my bank account".

It closed, and did not sell!

Ironic thing, is that if they'd of started it lower, it would of prob. sold for more!!

Oh, that's [very] good news then. And I seriously doubt anyone will pay $90 plus just to have the box.
Edit and emphasis added. :D
Goes to show how these scalpers know who they are ripping off from who and ...For reselling ...at double the price? No one's gonna get rich like that - It all boils down to selfishness.

Besides, the unboxed is much cheaper to buy from the AA store. ..but scalping is inevitable and ...why would anyone pay double the amount just to have a box...? It's like paying a ransome to a theif and nobody should support them by paying the extra demand as if were a hostage. I hope I'm glad nobody breaks broke down and picks picked it up. ...so, he should hopfully, if he learned his lesson, relist it for the same amount he paid to start with --if he needed the money, and let the bidders decide what it's worth. Trying just to cash in with an extreamly high BIN is just bait to snare a BIN sucker who don't know better. Sad.

harveys_bargains

PLEASE NOTE: THE LIMITED EDITION NUMBER OF THIS CART WILL ONLY BE REVEALED TO THE WINNING BIDDER.

*Ahem* It's not an auction sucker --How can there be a winning bidder if this was a Buy It Now only listing? the idiot. :roll:

By the way Harvy, don't forget the following:

From the auction,

This limited edition was sold out on a pre-order basis for a long time.

Harvey (and I know you are reading this), this is not a true statement. About half of the limited edition copies were pre-orders, and the rest were sold when I added the game to the store recently. Also, part of the description for your auction was lifted verbatim from the entry in our store:

http://www.atariage.com/store/index.php?ma...products_id=334

I suggest you either credit the source or remove this text from your auction.

..Al

The "no sale" serves you right, as you did'nt follow up.

We have 3 copies of the boxed edition in our family.

I have my numbered edition.

My son has an unnumbered edition.

I bought him a 4 port for his mom's house.

My nephew has an unnumbered edition.

I bought a 4 port for all 4 of my nephews at my sister's house.

A few trips to our used book store also got them a ton of $1 carts as well!

All the boys in my family love the Atari systems!

I repaired and gave out 6 Lynx II's for Easter as well.

They don't play them as much as their DS's, but they do play them!

None are for sale! :)

Although I did offer to trade mine for BSG ;)

• 2 years later...

Here's a very reasonable priced boxed adventure II auction on ebay starting at $50.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ADVENTURE-2-game-cart-for-atari-5200-MINT-RARE-BOXED-Ed_W0QQitemZ150370094658QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Vintage_Video_Games?hash=item2302c18e42&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_500wt_958

It should be very interesting to see where the bidding ends up if any, as there's none so far.

It's a good deal at this moment.

I actually dont have a problem with folks selling stuff for more than they purchased - 2x, 3x, who cares. I can somewhat understand the developers feeling cheated that a $90 item is now selling for $600 - however, at the time $90 was a good price for the item in question. Its rise in value should not be correlated to the original purchase price.

If this Adventure 2 went for $300 great - There are folks who missed out getting one and this is the only way they can own it so be it.

They didn't buy a few copies only to turn around and resell them for a much higher price did they??? Seems like Albert would probably limit the number of copies he would sale to an individual to keep people from taking advantage of collectors.

tjb

I did limit the number of copies per person to two. Does disgust me a bit that they immediately turned around and sold at least one of them for $90.

..Al

Sure makes me feel like an idiot for selling mine at cost! Oh well, c'est la vie and dominoes and wots it to 'ya and all that.

Here's a very reasonable priced boxed adventure II auction on ebay starting at $50.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ADVENTURE-2-game-cart-for-atari-5200-MINT-RARE-BOXED-Ed_W0QQitemZ150370094658QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Vintage_Video_Games?hash=item2302c18e42&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_500wt_958

It should be very interesting to see where the bidding ends up if any, as there's none so far.

It's a good deal at this moment.

That's not one of the numbered boxes, but still interesting to see up on eBay. I completely forgot about that extra sheet that's included with the boxed copies (the one on parchment paper with "Adventure!" printed on it).

I should have more boxes printed. :D

..Al