IGNORED

BEST DAY EVER: 3 wii games for 29.99!

AtariJr

Well i went into the local best buy today. i was looking around to see what i could buy (was debating to get mario party 8 or super paper mario). low and behold i see an add that reads : "All Wii games 29.99 when you purchase a copy of Cars for the Nintendo Wii. *Limit 3 games*" with an experation date expiring today.

So im like HOLY DAMN! ill buy Cars to get 3 wii games for 29 bucks for sure! So i look for Cars and I cant find it. I flag down a blue shirted guy and i ask him if he has any more Cars games. He says no. So i said, can i get a rain check on the deal since its still in the ad's time limit to get the other 3 games for 29 dollars. He said "no, what are you talking about. its Cars for 29.99, and you can get 3 copies max". I said nooooo, it says "all wii games 29.99 WHEN you purchase cars"... and why woudl you want 3 copies of one game anyway. Clearly the guy didnt know english. So i ask if there is one possibly hidden , he starts to curse outloud "god fucking damnit fuckin" and looks through the shelves and to no avail. so i ask for a manager to get a raincheck. he says "we cant give you a rain check on something thats not advertised. I said, it IS advertised... in your store, thast called Baiting and Switching when you say theres a deal and you change it (at toys r us we gave rainchecks on deals too).

anywho the lady comes over, the manager, and we tell her what the sign says. She says "oh my god your right, we misread it and thought it meant Cars was 29.99, not that if you got it you could get up to 3 other games for 29.99 as well" and then said "and no customer has caught this... everyone just bought Cars for 29.99, and no one actually read this to get the deal yoru getting". so since she didnt have and cars games and wasnt expecting anymore to come in for a while, she allowed me to pick any three wii games in stock for 29.99 each.

So i got Mario Party 8, Need For Speed Carbon, and Super Paper Mario for i think about 95ish dollars, NOT BAD!

Having a blast with Mario Party btw. the games dont feel tacked on at all, and the game , while i cant speak for mario party 7, sure looks better than 6. first game since wii sports that my mom has wanted to play and is having a riot on with me!

Great day! :)

Edited by AtariJr

Right on. Don'tcha hate having to fight to get the deals THEY advertise? Best Buy is horrible for that. I swear, everytime I purchase something there I have to keep a close eye on the prices that ring up. They love to give you the ole screwdgie. The place should be called Best Bait (n' Switch).

And if an employee ever cursed like that in front of me I would raise hell. That's uncalled for. It's not like you made him swim through 500 yards of fecal matter.

Right on. Don'tcha hate having to fight to get the deals THEY advertise? Best Buy is horrible for that. I swear, everytime I purchase something there I have to keep a close eye on the prices that ring up. They love to give you the ole screwdgie. The place should be called Best Bait (n' Switch).

And if an employee ever cursed like that in front of me I would raise hell. That's uncalled for. It's not like you made him swim through 500 yards of fecal matter.

yea i agree... and the selection of wii games there was pretty low.. i mean they didnt even have sonic, zelda, or godfather. anywho, i think it was ironic.. it was only 6 pm and the ad was to last all day. since i "cracked" the ad, they actually took the sign down. a guy was sitting there with his young son (id say 8). they had a copy of mario party 8 in hand and were watching this the whole time. i still wonder if he was able to get the same deal or not after we left.

at first i felt bad.. but after thinking about it, i wasnt out there to screw them over.. i didnt even make a second "possible" meaning out of the sign... it said what it said and they had no idea how to read english. and to take the sign down after the first person all week understood the ad was wrong. they were the ones stupid the ones to make an ad that gave people up to 3 games for 29 bucks. not my fault i took the offer. pure idiots. i hope that guy gets fired. when i told the cashier what happened he even said none of the workers liked his attitude.

Ha! Ha! My kids are always amazed that I pay such close attention to what's getting rung up. I tell them that I was spending money before UPC's came out and you always had to watch the cashier. Of course it was easier to get deals in those days too. :sad: