IGNORED

River Raid Plus Hack

Albert

http://www.atariage.com/hack_page.html?Sys...ftwareHackID=68If you've spent so much time with Activision's River Raid that you have the entire game memorized, it's time for you to get your flight suit back on. Thrust creator Thomas Jentzsch has hacked River Raid to create River Raid Plus, which contains the following changes from Carol Shaw's original version:

[*]Added balloons as another obstacle to get in your path

[*]Changed the start of the game to after bridge 2002

[*]Starting and maximum difficulties have been increased

You can download River Raid Plus here.. Enjoy!

That's what I know from River Raid...But where are the Tanks? Now we have a version with tanks and one with balloons in. Maybe you can bring a version with both and - to make it real - the tanks must fire at me...

You have made a real good work! But as you know - the audience wants always the more and more...

Thanks! :D

That's what I know from River Raid...But where are the Tanks? Now we have a version with tanks and one with balloons in. Maybe you can bring a version with both and - to make it real - the tanks must fire at me...

You have made a real good work! But as you know - the audience wants always the more and more...

Sorry, but you can have either the non-fireing tanks or the balloons hacked in. Now almost every single byte is used. Everything more would require a major rewrite of the whole game. And i'm not planing to do that. ;)

I was wondering the same thing. I liked the tanks, even if they didn't fire (yet! ;) ). Did Thomas need the ROM space occupied by the tank code to craft the balloon code? Hmm...

[EDIT: I posted this just before Thomas' reply; it seems my guess was correct. Whoo-hoo! :D ]

HEAVY***6***er

I'm only buzzed after my 1024th beer...

Ok, I just played it. What a great dynamic those balloons are! They don't move as fast, but they dont "face" one direction or another, so there is no way of telling which way they are going to start moving. Also I greatly appreciate the starting point of the game. Very nice hack.

:lust:

:grin: :thumbsup:

:lust: