IGNORED

Condemned 2

moycon

IGN reviews suck ass, but I like their interviews with game makers.

This one is particularily awesome because I LOVED the original game.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/794/794101p1.html

It's really just a morsal, but for folks who were crazy about the first, any news is good news.

Are other people excited about this title as I am, or were you not impressed with the first one and could care less about a second one?

Are other people excited about this title as I am, or were you not impressed with the first one and could care less about a second one?

Aw hell yeah, I loved Condemned! I've never seen a game before or since that has such an incredibly visceral melee experience, and I loved the locations, plot and the enemies. Lots of good scares and running like hell for your life! :cool:

The evidence thing was a bit contrived, but you can't win 'em all :P

I picked this up NIB for 15 or 20 bucks two weeks ago.

I was really in to the whole thing until it turned in to zombie-world. I like the idea of the 'serial killer chase', but this plot seems so contrived I'm wondering if I'll finish it. The only thing that has me interested is why the birds are dying.

I do like the melee though. I hope the endgame story makes me want to see more.

I think I'm still in the store. Anyways, I go down these stairs and theres about three guys with melee weapons and one or two guys that have .45 semi-auto pistols. I know what to do, but I end up getting shot. I try to run past the three guys and try to take out the guy with the gun. I don't have a gun as a weapon which makes it a bit tougher, but I use my stun gun and get in a couple of hits and take his gun. I either get shot, from someone thats not him, or I get the gun that has no ammo and become surrounded.

I think I'm still in the store. Anyways, I go down these stairs and theres about three guys with melee weapons and one or two guys that have .45 semi-auto pistols. I know what to do, but I end up getting shot. I try to run past the three guys and try to take out the guy with the gun. I don't have a gun as a weapon which makes it a bit tougher, but I use my stun gun and get in a couple of hits and take his gun. I either get shot, from someone thats not him, or I get the gun that has no ammo and become surrounded.

I think I remember the part you are talking about. Do you have to like step over a chain or something before heading down the stairs? It's been awhile since I've played that game, but I recall that part as being a bit hard as well. I'm thinking maybe you should not try and rush ahead and instead try and get the bad guys to chase you away from the dudes with guns, like maybe back up the stairs and dispatch them.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Well I finished Condemned 2 yesterday. I really enjoyed it. Didn't creep me out quite the same way the first one did (but thats understandable). Still gave me a good number of frights though. :D

I liked the story progression and the improved investigation and combat mechanics. Controls well, looks great and has good voiceover work. Overall, a great brutal action horror. :cool:

It's a shame they never ported the first one to the PS3. It may be a while before I get a 360 and I'd hate to miss out on a chunk of the storyline. Unless the sequel is far better then the first, I'll skip it and get the second one at some point.