IGNORED

Help me get this thing to work....

melliemelo

Okay, first I am a newbie so please be nice. :)

I bought an Atari 2600 off eBay. It's in the original box with the instructions, and is in excellent cosmetic condition. I can't get it to do anything though. :? I do not have an RF switch (yet) but shouldn't it do SOMETHING, even with out that?? Shouldn't I get fuzz or flickers or anything?? I just wanna know if it works as I am DYING to play pacman and ms pacman again! sigh...

The seller said it worked fine the last time they used it, although the cord seems to be a tiny bit frayed. (seller referred to it as minimal mouse wear :? )

Can anybody offer any suggestions to test the darn thing??

Mellie

well, the seller said they just plugged it into the TV and it worked for them.. Ok I guess I am a dummy~!!~~ :P

Thanks... For now I just want to find all the games I loved as a kid. The year I got my Atari was the BEST CHRISTMAS ever!! :love: So, I guess I am planning on collecting all the old cool games I can find.

I found this adaptor thingy on ebay to plug the system straight into the tv. Does anybody know if it works?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1364575956

I did not have to wait for christmas to get my first 2600 system, I just bugged the hell out of my mother till she took me to Kmart and bought it for me with two new games (Pitfall & yars Revenge) then she told me that if I bugged her again she would stick the whole dam thing up my ass. No body loves you more than mama!!!!!!

i got my first atari for my birthday. I was kind of disappointed that it only came with one joystick, no paddles, and no free games. They weren't carrying those anymore. THey only had the darth vaders.

Try playing Raiders of the Lost ARk with one joystick.