IGNORED

vertical lines on the screen

Guitari

Hello,

I was having a spank on Toki tonight and suddenly the colours blurred and vertical lines of made up of the colour on display appeared. So I tried with Rygar, the same and with shadow of the beast, again the same. So I tried with batteries and the problem dissapeared. So I tried with the power adapter again and the problem re-appeared. I suspect I have upset my lynx when I opened it up to try and fix the power light problem. Thoughts??

Maybe my power adapter has gone out to lunch! I dont have another to try it.

i'm no expert, but I would try another power adapter, you guys have a version of the US radio shack right? They're pretty inexpensive, and maybe the problem. The only other thing I could think of would be maybe one of the solders came loose from the input to the board of the lynx. I've never taken a lynx apart, but I've taken a GP32s apart and have seen problems be resolved from solders that break.

i'm no expert, but I would try another power adapter, you guys have a version of the US radio shack right? They're pretty inexpensive, and maybe the problem. The only other thing I could think of would be maybe one of the solders came loose from the input to the board of the lynx. I've never taken a lynx apart, but I've taken a GP32s apart and have seen problems be resolved from solders that break.

Hi there!

In fact the problem does exist when using batteries so I was wrong about that one.

Also my power adapter works fine on my lynx one.

I'm gonna give it another look in a few days and so If I can nail down the problem. Coincidence that the screen goes wrong when I open it up to look at a completely different problem? Dont think so! Arse. And I was extremely careful. Maybe it was a conicidence. I take your point on mot opening it up if the problem doesnt affect game play - the thing is I find the flashing power light distracting...

I was just thinking,

maybe the ribbon connector to the screen was loosened while you had it open?

Its pretty much a friction fit thing, easy to pull off by accident

Hello! I opened the lynx last night - I think the ribbons are ok but I'll have another look at them! I noticed how the battery comaprtment screws down tight onto the ribbon from the screen! and that ribbon by its nature has to be folded over - which may cause the track to break in the long term... I think the problem lies in the ribbon somewhere!