IGNORED

Best Star Wars game?

King Atari

I've been wondering about this one recently. Which 2600 Star Wars game do you feel is best? Personally, I like ESB, with TAG a close second (I HATE that control scheme. I know it's meant to simulate a real throttle, but it just doesn't work for me). I also like Death Star Battle, with that cool half-built Death Star. Jedi Arena is, uh, less than good. But what do YOU think?

close second I like Death Star Battle.

Really? I thought DSB was generally disliked. It's on my "Really want badly" list. The graphics are good, I love the shot of the not-completed Death Star in the distance on screen one, and that zoom-ahead thing when you go towards the Death Star isn't too shoddy, either. Although it doesn't have the addictive fun of ESB, it's good for a few plays.

Star Wars the Arcade Game is by far the best. 3 unique sections of play, shooting Vader's TIE off into oblivion, using the Force to hit the exhaust port and rack up BIG points, that manic trench run, its all there, baby!

ESB is really fun, but it can get monotonous after a while. I'm glad they have cool features like solid walkers and stuff to keep it fun.

DSB is definitely on my major want list, I've never played it, but want to.

Jedi Arena is neat in its own way, but most fun with 2 people.

TAG is the best, you have 3 different screens and the vector looking graphics work well. DSB is the second best, nice colors, and it's not easy. The problem with ESB is that nothing happens, you just keep playing until your finger dies, though it is fun none the less. JA is well, a nice try.

Getting Ewok Adventure to work on the Cuttle Cart just a week after I got it, and a week after the rom had been found was a real satisfying moment. It was like back in the eighties, playing a new game that had been just released, even if it wasn't that great.