IGNORED

competition for men in trouble with the government for atari

jahfish

ok, this is my competition for husbands in trouble with the government (their girlfriend) because of atari carts and stuff laying around all over their appartment.

ok ladies, don't take this personal.

since many years, men started to discover the internet and how easy it is to get all the nice items we didn't get as kids. so piles of that stuff appear at home, here and there an empty packaging from shipping, ..... and your girlfriend gets mad. so you need to find ways around that, when you can't afford your own gaming room ....

in example: i had to move my collection to a friends place to free one of our rooms. so i only have my trade items here now. and these have to be well placed within our flat, they need to be more or less "invisible"

that's the point when you start becomming creative again ;P

so here's the competition: some hide their adult magazines, we start hiding our atari carts ....

:P ;)

.... WHAT'S THE BEST PLACE TO HIDE AN ATARI CART AT HOME?

I dunno.. but my beautiful wife is 100% supportive of all my videogame obsessions. She figures it's the best vice I can have especially when compared to checking out other women, drugs, or alcohol (although I still do drink). Anyway, she does like her house nice, so we both think the same thing... GIVE IT IT'S OWN ROOM! :D

Once we move back home I'm building a large gameroom with special accomodations for classic arcade games and of course a pool hall with a nice couch and entertainment center for all my consoles collected over the past 23 years and that includes my Atari! :D

Jahfish, hide them under the couch! :-) Seriously, I keep all my trade stuff in my garage. I still live at my parents but, that hasn't stopped me from buying 4 full size arcades and over 2,000 carts over the years. My g.friend is very supportive as well, with everything I collect since she collects a lot of um.... 'junk' too. If you can't hide them under the couch, stuff them in a closet. :-) I keep a lot of stuff in these cardboard boxes that have lids... They are about 6 cubic feet each and I'm thinking there at least 20 of them around my house,garage,attic,ect. You can stack them easily so they don't look too bad stacked neatly in a corner. :-p Any way you can do it, keep packing those carts in!

In my house the Pitbull runs the show and if I tell my women that i'm going to fill my house with Atari stuff, then she better just smile. (YEAH RIGHT).

Jah Fish, have you tried placing all your atari items in plastic storage bins and stacking them in a closet that your not using, plus you should talk to your girlfriend and ask her what would she rather you do, collect Atari items or chase other women?

:skull: :lolblue: |:)

If you can find an old library card catalogue drawer set you should find that Atari carts fit perfectly in it. I've got a copy of 7x7 drawer cabinets at home. Great for cables and controllers too. (And videos and CDs...).

I got them directly from a local uni library, but you might have luck at any furniture salvage place.

Easy....

It took a while to figure out, but here is what I did...

All it takes is a few well placed BUGS in the area you want to have as your gaming / storage / museum / arcade area or whatever you want to call the place you play with your toys.

I have the entire (newly finished and furnished) basement to myself. I'm running out of room so I might have to send the washer and dryer upstairs... ;)

LM: "Well.. would you look at that! Dog-gone it! Its a Centipede! Honey, you like Centipedes don't you?"

Spouse of LM: "That's it! You can have the damn basement!"

LM: "Whoo-hoo!"