IGNORED

Unreleased/Unfinished games

EmOneGarand

Since there are so many of these listed (Cyberroaches huge list is probly the best) it leaves alot of questions. How many of these games are vaporware? It's the games that had work done on them that I wonder still exist. Telegames had alot of titles that could have been released, how many of the prototypes still exist? and how many are horded by collectors never to see the light of day again? Gotta wonder where the future of the Jag is going, it's 2007 and we havn't had a release (correct me if I'm wrong) Wheres the JAG CF? Madbodies? I know the JAG CF people got the rights to Out of this World for a Jag version anybody know any info on how thats coming?

They say patience is a virtue but patience runs out eventually lol.. I know I'm not the only one anxious for something new and big for the JAG.

Edited by EmOneGarand

Well, the CF is supposed to be out by years' end and Madbodies is on hold for right now although they are working on it slowly, and are going to be using regular cart shells not the purple cool ones, but I think they are gathering materials for the carts, and waiting for the appropiate time for release. There are several other releases on the way :cool: , and I just hope I have the money when they do arrive. It would be great to have some new software for the system! :)

Well, the CF is supposed to be out by years' end and Madbodies is on hold for right now although they are working on it slowly, and are going to be using regular cart shells not the purple cool ones, but I think they are gathering materials for the carts, and waiting for the appropiate time for release. There are several other releases on the way :cool: , and I just hope I have the money when they do arrive. It would be great to have some new software for the system! :)

All 3DS and Force Design products are on hold..I would not count on seeing any of those this year.

all Telegames were lost in a tornado!!!! only Virtuoso is complete and unreleased from what i know and there are several "secret" projects in the works,hehehe........patience buddies..... :cool:

I don't think anybody would want Virtuoso.. the 3DO version was horrendous :(

all Telegames were lost in a tornado!!!! only Virtuoso is complete and unreleased from what i know and there are several "secret" projects in the works,hehehe........patience buddies..... :cool:

I don't think anybody would want Virtuoso.. the 3DO version was horrendous :(

i want it buddy,im going to look further into this in the future too :cool: a game is better than no game at all :)

The game on 3DO is quite bad but still, it would be interesting to see this game running on Jaguar :)

ive never seen the 3DO version,but anything on the Jaguar is a big plus,just like Mortal Kombat 3 exists in some form because it was demoed on a jaguar at a convention ,wish it could be released too!!!! :cool:

The game on 3DO is quite bad but still, it would be interesting to see this game running on Jaguar :)

ive never seen the 3DO version,but anything on the Jaguar is a big plus,just like Mortal Kombat 3 exists in some form because it was demoed on a jaguar at a convention ,wish it could be released too!!!! :cool:

Well Carl did get Midway to licence Total Carnage so if MK3 did exist in any close to completion form it's a possibility though I would have preferred if Atari had went with making MK2, would have been the best home version back in the day.

Well Carl did get Midway to licence Total Carnage so if MK3 did exist in any close to completion form it's a possibility though I would have preferred if Atari had went with making MK2, would have been the best home version back in the day.

Carl knows nothing of Mortal Kombat 3 :( ,maybe if more was brought to his attention he could get it published,but the longer that we wait,the less chance of it happening... it would be so awesome to have Mortal Kombat 3 on the jaguar,MK2 was awesome,but any of the Mortal Kombat games would be a plus!!!!!!!if anybody knows more info on this game for the jaguar,please share!!!! :cool: it does exist!!!!!!! :)

Carl knows nothing of Mortal Kombat 3 :( ,maybe if more was brought to his attention he could get it published,but the longer that we wait,the less chance of it happening... it would be so awesome to have Mortal Kombat 3 on the jaguar,MK2 was awesome,but any of the Mortal Kombat games would be a plus!!!!!!!if anybody knows more info on this game for the jaguar,please share!!!! :cool: it does exist!!!!!!! :)

It'd probly cost Carl alot more then it did for Total Carnage :/ the MK series is Midways biggest and well known franchises but I'd pay big bucks for the promised and never released Jag rendition.

It'd probly cost Carl alot more then it did for Total Carnage :/ the MK series is Midways biggest and well known franchises but I'd pay big bucks for the promised and never released Jag rendition.

if Carl would be interested id help cover alot of the costs,but i dont think he is concerned about this game,he does have other projects hes working on,but id love to get this game released,as far as we know atleast 4 or more characters were playable at a convention because it was running on the Jaguar,which was several months before Atari folded,how much more complete it is is a mystery,but it exists.... :)

Or did exist. The longer these games remain "lost" the less likely they will ever be "found." Eventually even if stuff is put on a shelf, that shelf gets cleaned out and usually whatever was on the shelf ends up in a dumpster then landfill. Of course there is always the chance that someone keeps them personally, like one of the programmers, and they are packrats so they aren't permanently lost, after all, even 25 years later there are still occasionally 2600 "lost" titles that surface, so not all hope is lost, but also remember the jaguar is not as popular as the 2600 is/was so not as much care is necessarily taken to protect/keep unfinished/unpublished works.

Or did exist. The longer these games remain "lost" the less likely they will ever be "found." Eventually even if stuff is put on a shelf, that shelf gets cleaned out and usually whatever was on the shelf ends up in a dumpster then landfill. Of course there is always the chance that someone keeps them personally, like one of the programmers, and they are packrats so they aren't permanently lost, after all, even 25 years later there are still occasionally 2600 "lost" titles that surface, so not all hope is lost, but also remember the jaguar is not as popular as the 2600 is/was so not as much care is necessarily taken to protect/keep unfinished/unpublished works.

excellent points buddy,having the resources and knowing who to contact is alot of work,if this information about MK3 is found out then maybe Carl would look into this for us,surely he would love to release another game :) jaguar games are less likely to be found.... but it is possible,just like the Livewire game that was on ebay years back on flash i believe :)

For me the only finished and unreleased game is Robinson's Requiem

Is there any way to get a copy of that? I seem to remember there was one online business that sold copies of these games?

No, the Jag version has never been sold. A proto has been found, so nothing is lost :)

Is there any way to get a copy of that? I seem to remember there was one online business that sold copies of these games?

No, the Jag version has never been sold. A proto has been found, so nothing is lost :)

I have the original proto of this game. I have passed it on to someone I felt could get the game published since I had no success. It's been a while, but I know he's still working hard to bring it to the Jaguar community. It's a GREAT game, fully playable and COMPLETE. :) Hopefully it will be available to all sometime in the near future!

Edited by jaysmith2000

I have the original proto of this game. I have passed it on to someone I felt could get the game published since I had no success. It's been a while, but I know he's still working hard to bring it to the Jaguar community. It's a GREAT game, fully playable and COMPLETE. Hopefully it will be available to all sometime in the near future!

Wow! That's Great Jay! I've also would like to see this game on the Jaguar, I sure hope you hear back from him sometime in the future. :D

I have the original proto of this game. I have passed it on to someone I felt could get the game published since I had no success. It's been a while, but I know he's still working hard to bring it to the Jaguar community. It's a GREAT game, fully playable and COMPLETE. :) Hopefully it will be available to all sometime in the near future!

Hopefully it will be no more $59.95 like any normal game out there or that would just plain suck.