IGNORED

My Lynx Development Unit

Tempest

Well that's not something I've seen before... thanks for the pics...

How does the "Howdy" unit differ from a regular Lynx? Special connections on it?

How does the "Howdy" unit differ from a regular Lynx? Special connections on it?

Yeah if you look at it you can see there are two ribbon cables coming out of it. Those connect to the dev unit. You can basically play the game that is currently on the dev unit on the Lynx this way.

Tempest

Wasting away in a basement... For shame! I don't have anything you'd be interested in trading (I'm almost sure) But what kind of price are you looking at? You can PM me if you don't want to public it... I'm a HUGE lynx fan and will REALLY appreciate it...

I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. I want to sell it or trade it to someone who is going to use it or is a big Lynx fan and will appreciate it. Right now it's just sitting in my basement.

Tempest

Edited by 4ever2600

That's the thing, I have absolutely no idea what this thing is worth. I have one person who might be interested in it, but we haven't discussed a price yet. I'm not looking to get an arm and a leg for it, but it is a rare piece of Atari equipment. This model is especially rare since it has the Stereo board in it (that's the large board on the top in the pictures of the Howard insides).

I'll try and get a better picture of the insides tomorrow. However I don't want to damage the unit, and I'm not 100% sure if the cover comes off cleanly.

Tempest

Oh wait a minute Tempest... I'm sorry, I'm talking about the Eye of the Beholder lynx game, not your Lynx development unit... LOL

Oh. The EotB proto sits warmly in my Lynx collection. When I sell it, it's already promised to someone else. Sorry.

Tempest

That's cool bro... I'm just glad it IS sitting WARMLY in your collection (not in your basement!) :)

Oh wait a minute Tempest... I'm sorry, I'm talking about the Eye of the Beholder lynx game, not your Lynx development unit... LOL

Oh. The EotB proto sits warmly in my Lynx collection. When I sell it, it's already promised to someone else. Sorry.

Tempest

If you end up shipping it somewhere, make sure to remove the Stereo board and package it separately, the socket isn't exactly all that sturdy and I had to refit my own Stereo board with an entirely new connector after it fell out and rattled around, not exactly the most enjoyable operation.

• 1 month later...

Tempest

Tempest, make up your mind, as the above quote, when I asked you if I could purchase your EOTB prototype you said as quoted, "It's already promised to someone else. Sorry.", in the post topic:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=111221

And I quote again,

"So sadly EotB sits all alone in my Lynx until someone makes me an offer I can't refuse to buy the game."

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo which is it? Does the person your 'promising' it to know you just decided to sell to the high bidder? Did he back out? How much would it take to purchase this prototype off of you? $1000.00?

Edited by 4ever2600