IGNORED

Where can I get games for my lynx..?

spooky

:?:

Hi All,

Hope you can help - I'm based in the UK and got a Lynx many moons ago but have never added to my game collection (I just never got round to it).

Can anyone recomend a supplier either web-based or otherwise through which I might be able to add a few essential titles?

Spook, there are so many websites out there selling games, both homegrown and published. Of course Ebay has lots of stuff, however, there are sellers like songbird which has a link on the "Links" section of the Lynx page, as well as www. telegames.com and www.multimedia1.com to name a few, however this list is no where near exahausitve. Of course, there are some here who are willing to trade with you.... ;)

If it helps I keep a list of vendors that sell Lynx games around the web. Almost all of them are U.S. based but I beleive that they sell/ship internationally. I also keep a list of the lowest prices between all the vendors. You can get to it at http://www.mindspring.com/~mvknapp/lynx

If you click on the vendors list link at the top it will take you to the list of vendors I've found. Only one or two are UK based though and I normally don't include them in the price comparisons since I'd then have to calculate the exchange rate.

The prices were last updated on 07/05/2002. More often than not most people that have emailed me use the list to see if they are getting a good deal on eBay or somewhere else. I also include what I paid for each game so others can have a good deal comparison.

www.multimedia1.com to name a few

I'm afraid Multimedia1 won't be of much help to him... they refuse to do international order. They won't even ship to Canada! :mad:

I hate to recommend eBay, but I've found that that's where you can generally find the best prices for them. I'd recommend watching some of the auctions to see what kind of prices you can get.

--Zero

I guess that would knock out AtariLynx.com also since I believe they are owned by Multimedia 1.0. I haven't seen many companies that won't do business in Canada since the shipping is almost identical and purchases via credit card can be done in either Canadian or US funds. Very odd. Seems like they're losing a decent size market that way. But it's their choice.

I hate to recomend eBay also but most of my collection has come from there. You simply can't beat most of the prices. Just watch out for the auctions where they charge $7 - $10 shipping.

Seems like they're losing a decent size market that way. But it's their choice.

I had a bunch of games picked out that I was going to buy from them, about five or six... and then I saw that message, and had to get them somewhere else.

I don't understand why people won't ship to Canada... I can see people on eBay not wanting to ship internationally, simply because you might get someone from somewhere like Iraq, and you'd have to worry about tons of weird postal stuff... but not shipping to Canada is just lazy.

--Zero

• 1 year later...

We were having problems in the past shipping to Canada but now we do just fine. We also ship UK too.

Feel free to order from videogamedeals.com (which is my site) and its the same as atarilynx.com

The inventory at vgd is pretty much on the money so whatever you order you will most likely get.

I have taken VGD to a new level of customer service and satisfaction this year. We are totally transforming into a web company. Sorry if in the past we were unable to meet your order.

We were having problems in the past shipping to Canada but now we do just fine.  We also ship UK too.

Feel free to order from videogamedeals.com (which is my site) and its the same as atarilynx.com

The inventory at vgd is pretty much on the money so whatever you order you will most likely get.  

I have taken VGD to a new level of customer service and satisfaction this year.  We are totally transforming into a web company.  Sorry if in the past we were unable to meet your order.

Looks like a nice site. But $19.99 for Tournament Cyberball?! And $29.99 for Xybots?!?! :? These games should not cost more then $5-8 I think.