IGNORED

I need Paper Mario help please

AtariJr

im in the space area, and ive gotten to the elder. but unlike what the guide says, refusing his offer only makes him go down to 100 coins... not 10. i cant afford the 100 coin price.. what do i do? ive been refusing him for like an hour here, and hes not budging on price.. ive even left and re-entered the area hes in to see if he would reset but he didnt.

100 coins shouldn't be too tough to scrounge up... I've passed that area but don't recall needing to pay for something from the elder.. what was his original price?

Regardless... 100 coins in that game are easy to get.

This reminds me... time to get back to that game before I forget too much about what I'm doing... I think I have a couple hours left in the game... then again, who knows... it could be far from over. LOL! (I've recently been hooked on Rayman.. :) )

yea i just gathered more coins by killing the enemies that reappeared. the original offer was 1000, so thank god he at least went down to 100 for the piece of paper.

anywho ive gone past that and am now in the rock area with the tribal people. that thing that happens to tippi (dont want to say to much to give things away) really was a nice touch in the game, and really makes you worry. anywho, for a game that was pretty decent in the beginning this has really blossomed in the last few stages into a very very enjoyable game. if there is anything that makes me sad about the game is that i only have 3 more hearts to go. im kinda hoping it takes a while, as im really loving this game. i never played the other paper mario games. are they as good as this? i mean i know they are more rpg type games, but is the story as good? im really loving this universe, its a nice change. and i hope that these pixl characters are used again (even though i think i have figured out the secret about tippi, so i dont think shell "return" per say).

anywho, for a game that was pretty decent in the beginning this has really blossomed in the last few stages into a very very enjoyable game. if there is anything that makes me sad about the game is that i only have 3 more hearts to go. im kinda hoping it takes a while, as im really loving this game. i never played the other paper mario games. are they as good as this? i mean i know they are more rpg type games, but is the story as good? im really loving this universe, its a nice change. and i hope that these pixl characters are used again (even though i think i have figured out the secret about tippi, so i dont think shell "return" per say).

If you like this paper mario game, you should like the others. The biggest difference between the Wii game and the N64 and Gamecube versions is that the others have turn-based combat. There is also a lot more emphasis on badges to enhance abilities as well as items seem to be more useful. And of course the 2D-D3 "flip" is uniquely Wii.

I have not finished SPM yet, but I felt the story was a bit more developed in the other versions, especially the N64. It is essentially more of the "save the princess" type of story, but if you like SPM, you should like the others. I think Paper Mario is a VC game now, and that would be an easy way to go.

It is essentially more of the "save the princess" type of story, but if you like SPM, you should like the others.

You don't need to save the princess in SPM. She saves herself and becomes a playable character early on. While I haven't played the other PM games, I felt more than satisfied with the depth and breadth of the SPM story line once it was all over. :)

I think Paper Mario is a VC game now, and that would be an easy way to go.

I wish. It has been roughly announced (through pre-release magazine info), but the actual date has not been determined yet.

well at least the thousand year door for the gamecube was 19.99 new last time i checked. one good thing about backwards compatability.. dont have to bust out the unplugged cube :)

and yea, while you dont save the princess, i know what he meant by the comment. but where i am right now, the story is starting to take a quick turn from simple to much more complex. i think what i really love about the game are the pixls as i feel very attached to them... they did a good job in making them feel important and part of yoru team.

I think one of the best parts of the game is the switching between characters and the possibility of meeting certain objectives differently by using a different character.

I really enjoyed Paper Mario (N64) and will d-load it on the VC... I also enjoy Super Mario RPG from the SNES and look forward to playing through that one again... it's been over 10 years. LOL! I will pick up Thousand Year Door soonish... never played it yet and will do so after I complete Super Paper Mario.

Went out and bought Scarface for the Wii today... wanted some GTA gameplay for the system and it was $49.99 Canadian... bonus! :)

ok.. thank god for faqs. im at the first level in the rock tribal area. the last set of blocks you have to hit in this order "middle, right, left, left, right, middle, right, left,

right, right, middle, right, right, left, middle, middle, left, left, left,

right, left, left, left, middle, and middle "

how the HELL were you supposed to guess that? i can understand the first one which was 3 steps long... ok, thats luck. but was there something i missed that had that imprinted on it???? theres no WAY your supposed to just do that out of sheer luck.

ok.. thank god for faqs. im at the first level in the rock tribal area. the last set of blocks you have to hit in this order "middle, right, left, left, right, middle, right, left,

right, right, middle, right, right, left, middle, middle, left, left, left,

right, left, left, left, middle, and middle "

how the HELL were you supposed to guess that? i can understand the first one which was 3 steps long... ok, thats luck. but was there something i missed that had that imprinted on it???? theres no WAY your supposed to just do that out of sheer luck.

I couldn't figure that out either. I always wondered if it wasn't a way of getting you to purchase the "Strategy Guide". I think it might be printed on one of the walls when you flip into 3D, but I never stopped to decode what the painting meant. Just read a FAQ and chug along. :)

It reminds me a bit of the NES days, though. Remember the game help lines that helped you get past those parts of games intended to force you to call the NES help line?

lol yea, i remember wanting to call that a few times when i was young, but my parents never let me. i just beat the section where you get the pixl in chapter 5 ... the hammer pixl. i thought it was convenient that the number of spaces for you to type a word was 8, so i made him shout NINTENDO :)

Actually I did get that code in the game for those blocks. I just didn't remember to write it down at the time. But I believe an NPC in the game tells you about the code, but only after you have first been through there.

As for Pixls in other games. Not entirely, but in the Thousand Year Door you do find chests just like the ones the Pixls are in and those chests contain locked aware spirits I believe which grant you the different powers to be thin, have a hammer...etc.

Yup... there was a dood or Brah that would tell you the order... he tells you each time... I remember writing it down each time and I was WTF! is this a joke? Well it paid off.. LOL!

As for the hammer... I tried a few words but didn't realize it had to be 8 letters... so I chose Superman (still don't know why... LOL!) and it was funny!