IGNORED

Acquiring homebrews

Mayhem

I will be getting a 5200 down the line... so just preparing myself here heh. Armed with copies of Sean's multicart, Ronan's Xmas bonus, MULE and A2, where can I obtain any of the other 5200 releases... like Castle Crisis for example?

Speaking of which, how do you use paddles on the 5200 as I presume CC supports them..? Were a special set released for the joystick port, or do you need a Masterplay?

IIRC the masterplay does not support paddles.I'll let you know when my 2 5200's and masterplay arrive :cool:

You can convert a 5200 stick or a 2600 paddle, Shawn Sr is doing the stick conversion for me (I think)

What is this Sean's multicart you talk of?

Is there a rom of Castle Crisis?

I like to support the homebrew scene, but I have spent way too much this month!!

Edited by mimo

What is this Sean's multicart you talk of?

Is there a rom of Castle Crisis?

I like to support the homebrew scene, but I have spent way too much this month!!

Someone should make a website that lists every game ever made and a downloadable rom if the author chooses to make it available. ;)

I recently acquired this multicart. The software is very user friendly although it doesn't play Bounty Bob Strikes Back (or at least my attempts wouldn't)...............um but of course I already have Bounty Bob in cart form or I wouldn't be trying the rom............um yeah. :D

I made some boxed copies of Castle Crisis for the Midwest Gaming Classic last weekend. I still have some copies--if you'd like one, please PM me. :)

Yeah I spotted one in one of the photos from MGC which pretty much prompted me to post the topic... I'll fire off a PM about it :)

The 5200 multicart that Sean Kelly made is an older model, all dip switch activated. I figure they are not very easy to come by today. I got it before I had heard of this USB flash model. Having said that, the USB doesn't sadly support BBSB either, so I'd still need to grab a real cart of that at some point (though I do already technically have the box and manual for it!). At least I can still get Beef Drop (though I do have the 7800 version) and Koffi fairly easily I figure.

Then it's a wonder how to actually track down Bristles, Castle Blast, Combat 2, Boulderdash... and any proto repros (then again I need to recheck what's on the multicart!)... I guess Atari2600.com has many of them, but how much can I spend? :P