IGNORED

Project H.A.M.M.E.R cancelled?

AtariJr

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/14/rumor-pr...a-m-m-e-r-axed/

This is one of the games i have been looking foward to since last E3. if this does get cancelled, i woudlnt expect Disaster Day of Crisis to make it either. im hoping they see that there IS a market for games like this. Hell, Soul Calibur Legends is very similar, and you have games like Transformers, Scarface, and Godfather which are violence heavy with "run around and destroy anything you see" attitudes. to get rid of Hammer becuase it doesnt fit the "casual" mold is stupid. i hope this is just a rumor and not going to become fact... id love to be able to play this game. your thoughts?

Hmm. Never even heard of this one, but a good number of those reader comments are entertaining and unfortunately possibly spot-on. Guess we'll see.

Speaking of Wii games that never existed in the first place, how do we think Sadness is doing these days?
All they need to do is call it Super Mario HAMMER... and it will sell a million copies.. guaranteed!
"expanded audience" = casual gamers, which of course means Wiini-game shitfests.
Project

H.ard-core

A.nd

M.ature

M.embers

E.asily

R.eplaced

Making Nintendo mainstream one mini-game at a time.

Seriously, though, this answers the question that's been on my mind since launch. Will there be any normal games for this thing or will it just be pick Wario's nose, fry an egg, and neverending foolish ways to waggle the wiimote.
Edited by remowilliams

i think its a bit unfair to say that. yes, while the system has a few multiplayer games, the majority of the games on the wii by far dont fit into this category. even the games coming out this fall dont fit in this... with the exceptiton of possibly brain age depending how you look at it. ironically though, this game got a lot of good remarks.. and it looked farely developed. at that point it doesnt make sense to cancel it. even if it didnt sell well (which i thought it would ) at least youd get the money back you spent making the game thus far. i hope that nintendo says something publically about the rumor. whether its cancelled or not it would be nice if they spoke about this and Disaster.

I suspect it was little more than a tech demo.

The game I'm really anxious to see released is that diving thing they showed - Eternal Blue I think it was called. You just swim about in coral reefs looking at the fish, superb.

The game I'm really anxious to see released is that diving thing they showed - Eternal Blue I think it was called. You just swim about in coral reefs looking at the fish, superb.

can you kill the fish? j/k. i suppose that would hold my interest for about 2 minutes if that was the only thing available to do.

yeah, I had the second game in that series for the ps2- I really liked it. It was such a change of pace. Graphics were kind of ass, but the game was a lot of fun.

Everblue 2 is all about treasure hunting to be exact. You get missions to find specific artifacts in specific parts of the ocean...or inside around shipwrecks. The wrecked airliner in EverBlue 2 was one of my favorite sets of mission and places to explore. And then there were parts in Everblue where you find certain fairly common objects out in the ocean etc, and they are used to build things...like plans for a better boat etc. Nothing that really improves the gameplay...but kinda like a small collectathon in a way. I found that the Everblue 2 game had tons of variety to it and regardless of the graphics, there was sooo much to do that I enjoyed playing it quite a bit. I eventually got to some point where I had to find something and just cannot figure it out. I think I needed a better suit or something, but can't seem to have it crop up during the auctions...or something. Might have to get back to it and see where I was at again.

It will really piss me off if they canceled this. Sure it may not be the most anticipated Wii game (of course like there is anything to get hyped up about when they show practically nothing of the game off after e3) but it looked like a lot of fun. I even submitted a question to the Everyone Votes channel asking if you want it to be canceled or not. Of course Nintendo won't use it because they would rather have stupid questions on there like what you ate for dinner two days ago but maybe if enough people sent in the same question...

Seriously though, if this and Day of Disaster get canceled so they can make Mario Party 9,10,11 and 12 then I really regret getting a Wii. I know why they are focusing on these games as it is a surefire way to make a quick buck but it this isn't how you hold on to dedicated gamers.