IGNORED

Atari 5200 RENT WARS Release Info

Atari2600.com

Atari 5200 Rent Wars by First Star Software Inc will be released July 28, 2007 at the Atari2600.com booth during Classic Gaming Expo 2007 In Las Vegas, Nevada.

RentWars_Screen2.gifRent Wars Game Screen

Rent Wars was programmed by First Star Software in 1983. The game was never released and has remained unavailable until now. This is a complete 1 or 2 player game with full game play, scoring and sound. The game works perfectly with standard 5200 controllers. Rent Wars seems to have been inspired by Blue Print and Food Fight. As in Blue Print, you are shown the objects which must be collected to complete the level. With Rent Wars the objects are cleanly rendered furniture and household objects. As with Food Fight the furnishings move across screen while you attempt to grab them. You must recall the furnishings which are required for completion, ignoring the others. This is the action element of the game which is particularly fun with two players. This is Rent Wars not Rent Partnership so bumping the other player out of the way to catch a key item is all part of the fun.

Rent Wars will include an Atari 5200 game cartridge, color instruction manual and serialized box. Pre-orders will not be accepted and games will be sold first come first served during the CGE show. Unsold games will be available for purchase after the show through the Atari2600.com website.

Screenshots and box art with additional information is available on the Atari2600.com News page.

JC

Atari2600.com

Rent Wars Co-Publisher and Distributor

Rent Wars BoxRentWars_Box.gifRent Wars ScreenRentWars_Screen1.gif

Atari 5200 Rent Wars by First Star Software Inc will be released July 28, 2007 at the Atari2600.com booth during Classic Gaming Expo 2007 In Las Vegas, Nevada.

Rent Wars was programmed by First Star Software in 1983. The game was never released and has remained unavailable until now. This is a complete 1 or 2 player game with full game play, scoring and sound. The game works perfectly with standard 5200 controllers. Rent Wars seems to have been inspired by Blue Print and Food Fight. As in Blue Print, you are shown the objects which must be collected to complete the level. With Rent Wars the objects are cleanly rendered furniture and household objects. As with Food Fight the furnishings move across screen while you attempt to grab them. You must recall the furnishings which are required for completion, ignoring the others. This is the action element of the game which is particularly fun with two players. This is Rent Wars not Rent Partnership so bumping the other player out of the way to catch a key item is all part of the fun.

Rent Wars will include an Atari 5200 game cartridge, color instruction manual and serialized box. Pre-orders will not be accepted and games will be sold first come first served during the CGE show. Unsold games will be available for purchase after the show through the Atari2600.com website.

Screenshots and box art with additional information is available on the Atari2600.com News page.

JC

Atari2600.com

Cool, another game for the 5200. So are we talking conventional, section 8, 202 elderly, 236, 221... How about points for good HUD inspections or requesting special claims on time. Time to go back to my property management business.

JC

Atari2600.com

Too, too cool. I've been waiting for this one for years. :cool:

I'm going to assume that I'm not the only one who won't be able to attend CGE this year. Will you be starting a wait-list for those carts that may be unsold at the show? If so, please place me on it.

I won't be able to be at the CGE either. I would really like to have Rent Wars to add to the collection of my other First Star re-releases I bought through Atari2600.com. I hope you change your mind about the pre-orders, or at least put me on a list for any left over from the show.

I won't be able to be at the CGE either. I would really like to have Rent Wars to add to the collection of my other First Star re-releases I bought through Atari2600.com. I hope you change your mind about the pre-orders, or at least put me on a list for any left over from the show.

Ditto.

Allan

Thank you for the interest in Rent Wars, let me answer a few of your questions.

People not attending CGE are welcome to send us an e-mail which requests first notice of available unsold games immediately following the show. We'll keep your address on file and send you a note when we return from CGE. We can not hold or reserve you a copy for after the show.

Click here for our e-mail form submit. Simply request notification of available Rent Wars games following CGE.

Rent Wars will be sold at $40.00ea.

Total production is 100 serialized games. Sales will begin with Serial Number #002 and progress upward in sequential order. Show attendees will receive lower serial numbers than those available after the show.

JC

Atari2600.com