IGNORED

The thrifts have died? I think not!

BatmiteReturns

I hit the local thrift store today and found 10 Atari 5200 games and $1 apiece and 9 2600 games for $.50 apiece.

Out of the 2600 games the only ones I found that were semi-rare were Wizard of Wor and Crash Drive which is a 5.

The 5200 games were mostly commons with the only exception being Kabooooooooooooom.

To sum up, they are still out in the wild you just have to keep your eyes open.

You tell them, Stan!

All of you should ignore the thrift stores in your area. They do not now, nor will they ever, have anything worth leaving home for. Stay home!

As a sacrifice for the group, I'll add all of your local thrifts to my rounds. That way it's just me being disappointed every week by finding *absolutely nothing*...worth mentioning.

I'm such a nice guy.

• 5 years later...
See, atari70s? You could have avoided all that hassle by heeding my words long ago.

*waves hand*

Give up hope. Leave the thrift stores to meeeeee....

El Destructo, do you find anything around here? I used to clean up in the late 90's but I never find anything anymore. I have a few pickers that sell me stuff every once in awhile but nothing like a few years ago. I recently found out that someone else around here is a much bigger dealer than I thought. I guess that's where some of it went anyway.

y-bot

See, atari70s? You could have avoided all that hassle by heeding my words long ago.

*waves hand*

Give up hope. Leave the thrift stores to meeeeee....

El Destructo, do you find anything around here? I used to clean up in the late 90's but I never find anything anymore. I have a few pickers that sell me stuff every once in awhile but nothing like a few years ago. I recently found out that someone else around here is a much bigger dealer than I thought. I guess that's where some of it went anyway.

y-bot

I didn't even realize this thread was from 2002. Back then there was tons of good stuff at the thrifts in Portland.

y-bot

I have noticed quite a drop in the quantity of classic gaming items where i live.Up until about 1 year ago,every time i went to the thrift stores which was about twice a week, there would be CV,INTV,2600,you name it consoles and cartridges everywhere.Now i go 4 times a week,after work,weekends,and there's nothing,so its not because i dont check enough.I only go about 1 a week now,cus theres never anything.The clerks tell me there isnt much of the stuff coming in anymore.I guess the supply will eventually run out,as they're bought up by collectors and such,not sure exactly,thats just what ive noticed.That's what its like at the moment where i live anyway.

Edited by Rik

nearby my house are about three thrift stores, the only ones i know of in town (others sell clothing and stuff like that)....i have never really seen atari's or many other games, though i have found dolls and things that make me angry...

nobody would ever like me angry!