IGNORED

Recieved my Cuttle Cart today!!!

Skywalker

This past 4th of July weekend has been pretty nice for my Atari collection,

I just recieved my first Cuttle Cart today, thanks to Lemmi.... ;) On Friday I also got my Vader system I have been looking for and yesterday I found a brand new factory sealed game system cleaning kit, it cleans consoles for NES, Atari 2600/7800, Sega Master System/Genesis and Commadore 64/128.

I have only played a few game with the Cuttle Cart so far, I have one question about when the CC loads games.

Is there supposed to be music or some sound playing, when the games are loading from cd's, like how the Supercharger has the sounds it makes when loading the games?

I am using the Cuttle Cart Underground to play my games, the screen looks just the same as when I used to load my Supercharger games but I dont hear any sound. The games play great though, with sound!!! Just curious..........

I also found a complete Commadore Amiga500 computer at a garage sale yesterday, it has a commadore 1084 color moniter, 3.5" 1010 diskdrive, a modem, and like 10 games/software, joysticks, mouse, all in their original boxes with all manuels...... for only $30.00

Great weekend :) Did anyone else find any goodies :?:

Chad,

Thanks for verifying that for me, I was not sure if there was supposed to be any sound. I thought mabey I did something wrong or ???? Nice work by the way, do you have anything brewing up for Atari in the near future?

Now all I need is a 6 disc cd changer for my CCU and I will be set!

:)

No new projects for anything classic gaming related in the near future.

As for CD Players, I agree that if you're thinking about buying a 6 Disc CD player that a cheap used laptop or a PocketPC might be a better way to go. They allow for easier selection and are easier to keep up to date as well.

Chad

i received skywalkers trade package today, and boy i love opening up huge boxes full of stuff :D and my cat loves the huge box :P

everything was packaged great, now i need to find a cheap gamecube game to play ;)

Thanks Skywalker

Lemmi,

Glad you are happy with your package and your cat too :!: Thanks for the trade, what else you got?? Hehe ....Just kid'n, for now........

You can go to blockbuster and rent some games, I think they have a pretty good deal. You pay around 20.00 and you can rent up to 2 games for 30 days..... or you can just keep them for a few days and rent others for same time ...... I dont know the details .... check it out....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chad,

If you do fix up some of those defected carts I have some other cool stuff for Trade. I would like to have an extra Cuttle Cart for a spare.....

Thanks again Lemmi :thumbsup:

heh figures i think of something else to type after i hit the submit button :)

I picked up Spy Hunter (in a generic jewel case w/ manual) for $12

and Star Wars rogue leader (complete) for $15

I also picked up

Genesis - Phelios (complete) $4

2600 - Combat (boxed w/manual - both mint) $2

Turbo Grafx 16 CD - Jack nicklaus Golf (still sealed) $6

and finally

Sega CD - Third World War w/manual (for Free because it was so scratched up he threw it in for free) :)

Not a bad day for me over here :)

• 2 weeks later...
Why use CD's? The way I see it you'd have to look up the right track from a huge list, then choose the right cd, then go through the tracks on your cd player to play the right one. :P

Simplest is best imo. :) [Laptop picture removed]

Why use a large, heavy and slow to start up laptop if you can have this :D :

CuttleCardPocketPCSmall.jpg

PocketPlayBin.gif

Robert

I love the use of the PPC with the Cuttle Cart, and seeing a picture of that setup is great! I have a Cassiopeia E125 that I don't use very often, mainly because of its large size and inconvenience in carrying it around everywhere. However, this is great if you want to bring a 2600 over to a friend's house, but don't want to drag any carts (other than the Cuttle Cart) with you.

My Cuttle Cart is plugged into one of my computers via a stereo receiver, and I have the 2600 plugged into a 20" television near my computers. This way I can easily load up any 2600 binaries I have on the machine, which is, uhmm, a large number. :) Also makes it easier to test new homebrew games and hacks as they come along..

..Al