IGNORED

jboypacman's Blog - Played around with the Nintendo Wii last night.

RSS Bot

Headed over to Dalum's last night to talk about the website we are working on and to just hang-out and such.

Well Mister Dalum has gotten a Nintendo Wii for himself and the family(Nyracat and G-Fresh)and i had a chance to play around with it a little and i must say there are a few things about it i thought was neat.

First things first i have played Wii Sports before so i knew i liked that game so i didnt even bother playing it while i was there.However i did play afew of the games he had downloaded for the Virtual console.

DeadMoon and Orydyne for the Turbografx-16 and ToeJam and Earl for the Sega Genesis were what was on hand.I have played ToeJam and Earl and Orydyne in the past so it was nice to play them again it had been a long while.

Now for DeadMoon for the Turbo-16 i hadnt played it before but i heard it was pretty good and it is.A simple "old-school"side-scolling shoot'em up that i like and thought had good graphics and sounds.Nothing mind-blowing but decent.

It was cool going through the Virtual console section and seeing whats up to buy in the Nes,Snes,Sega Genesis,and Turbografx-16 games.

I checked out the voting area which i thought was o.k.,but i like the Weather Channel i could not only check the weather in my neck of the woods but also all over the world.

I tried out the news section and looked to see whats was going on in the news and i went on to the web and came here to AtariAge to look at and show Dalum a few things as well.

It was akward at first using the Wiimote(controller)to do all of this but i got used to it fairly quick and i didnt have any problems.I think it would be neat if they came out with a keyboard/pad for the Wii(maybe they will).

So it was fun checking out the Wii and i could see me owning one but i still perfer my Atari 2600 and other classic gaming systems but thats just me. :)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=3503