IGNORED

Reviewers wanted!

PeeknPoke

Reviewers wanted!

In an expanded part of my website, PeeknPoke. Id love a few people to come on board with me to review some software (maybe 2 comments per review?) for the Atari 2600, plus the c64, Arcade and Spectrum (the other machines the site covers)

have your face in lights :) LoL

To have a look at what im aiming for, have a look at a few of the new reviews over at PeeknPoke.

Please email me at pnplee@aol.com if you want to take part :)

Lee

Lee,

I share your enthusiasm for collecting together a bunch of different viewpoints on games, but it's possible (not definite -- only possible) that you're wasting your time here. I tried many times to get people to contribute to the OC&GS Atari 2600 Review Forum, found at the link below, but nobody seems to be the slightest bit interested in contributing to a long article (or what amounts to a long article, in both of our cases) on someone else's web site.

I posted three or four messages, practically begging for contributions from the largely articulate people on the AA boards. I didn't get a single reply, except for a couple "I'll see what I can do." At that point, I thought, "Well, forget it, if it's THAT much trouble." I plan on turning the Forum into an actual book at some point, or PLANNED anyway, but nobody responds to things like that. In fact, I've never gotten a comment about any of the articles on OC&GS, in spite of providing numerous links. I did get some replies about the interview with Bill Kunkel, only because Albert was nice enough to make the feature a news item on the AA front page.

Try making a hack of an old game, or drawing a comic strip. That seems to get more responses here than anything involving big words. ;)

By the way, I love you all madly. Take these remarks in stride.

Here's the forum (top two features):

http://www.geocities.com/flynnwins/latest_articles.htm

CF

Chris,

I'm planning on starting to write a bunch of game reviews, but of course my plan is to post them on my own site. It's nothing personal of course, just common garden-variety narcissism.

I think most of the people who actually have the ambition to write reviews probably already have sites of their own and, like me, would be inclined to put their reviews on their own site instead of someone else's.

UNLESS...

I would not be surprised, if AtariAge started to accept game reviews from members, to find that a lot of us would be willing to write reviews and submit them to appear on this site.

If it's just a matter of taking your work and putting it on someone else's personal site, there's not a lot of incentive. But if a strong community site like AtariAge were to start accepting and displaying reviews, I bet it would attract attention and a corresponding response from all of the would-be wordsmiths.

Funny enough Chris, I would have agreed with you yesterday but since posting here and another place, Ive had 5 offers of review help.

Ive told them that its not going to be time consuming (only for me), I only require about 6 sentences per game on why its good, bad or just plain and an overall score out of 10.

If this works, and i think it will, it makes people want to go and play the game (I mean good reviewers on various websites have made me boot up my emulators and see what the fuss it about-so it works)

Thanks anyway :)

Lee

Well, good job, then -- whatever was different about your approach, it certainly worked better than mine! (Are there any comic strips on your site, perchance?) ;)

Feel free to use any reviews (or snippets) from the forum pages I linked above, if you have to round-out your review pages. Please credit me if you do -- that's all I ask. If you provide e-mail addresses of the reviews' authors, even better. I like it when people engage in friendly arguments with me. It's nice to stimulate brains.

CF

well with Miles thats six :) (Miles email me to join the mailing list and for more information)

Anyone who does work on any review will have a review face for each game (A good, bad and middle reaction face)..see the new reviews for more information. Anyone with access to a digital camera can have a drawing of themselfs with each review(using a nifty piece of software that turns the photo into a pencil drawing)...akin to an old UK magazine called Zzap!64.

plus there will be a lowdown on the reviewers on a reviews page :)

BTW Chris there are comic strips on my site :) I guess they work eh?

Lee[/img]

I would not be surprised, if AtariAge started to accept game reviews from members, to find that a lot of us would be willing to write reviews and submit them to appear on this site.

This is something we've discussed a bit and it will probably happen once we have a site-wide login. That's all I'm going to say about those plans right now. :)

..Al

I posted three or four messages, practically begging for contributions from the largely articulate people on the AA boards.

Any in the last six months? If so, I'm sorry I didn't reply because I'd be happy to do something like that. MSG me with what it is that you're specifically after and I'll see what I can put together.

This is something we've discussed a bit and it will probably happen once we have a site-wide login. That's all I'm going to say about those plans right now. :)

You're winding me up right Al? Right?.....Al?

There is a lot going on with this at Atarinvader.com at the moment, which should be avaliable very shortly. We've already got a very healthy stash of reviews, articles and comics ready that weren't avaliable before, aswell some other such things....

Krisjohn:

Simply go to the link below and read the introduction. It basically asks for e-mailed reviews of any 2600 games. I've been trying to get together a large volume of comments from a whole bunch of people. I think it would be neat. Granted, I'm a bit weird. Anyway, you'll get full credit, I won't chop up your text, etc. etc. (The reviews with no name attached are mine -- I did need SOME content to start out with -- this doesn't mean they can't be added-to, or even argued with.)

Cheerleaders are losers.

CF

http://www.geocities.com/flynnwins/ocgs/forum1.htm