IGNORED

Hori makes arcade stick for Wii

AtariJr

The Fighting Stick Wii ships in August with no word yet on a US release, though we wouldn't hold our breath.

yes, that is what joystiq said. but ign says its now coming to america btw.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/799/799492p1.html

"Hori has confirmed to IGN that a US release is also planned"

post-8862-1182912383_thumb.jpg

Edited by AtariJr

"Hori has confirmed to IGN that a US release is also planned"

post-8862-1182912383_thumb.jpg

Ah Ok good deal.

Now this should increase chances of seeing some of the old school fighters on VC.

I wonder if you will be able to play head-to-head on line?

I never tried a Hori stick in my life, so I just order two of them for the Saturn.

Hori makes good quality accessories. Here's an analogy. Imagine we were ranking the 3rd party manufacturers' quality based on how tall each company was in comparison to Nintendo. Hori would reach Nintendo's neck. Nyko would be about knee level. Pelican would reach Nintendo's ankle. Mad Catz would be the dog shit stuck to the bottom of Nintendo's shoe. :)

Here's the Play-Asia link if anyone wants it. Japanese Wiimotes work with US systems, so I imagine these would as well.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-113-49-en-70-23bd.html

Are there any good Xbox 360 joysticks yet? Because I'm damn tempted to put one together after swearing for a straight hour at Pac-Man Championship Edition. C'mon, Microsoft, how hard can it be to give us a REAL arcade-quality stick?

JR

Hori's making one for the 360 as well.

Are there any good Xbox 360 joysticks yet? Because I'm damn tempted to put one together after swearing for a straight hour at Pac-Man Championship Edition. C'mon, Microsoft, how hard can it be to give us a REAL arcade-quality stick?

JR

Hori's making one for the 360 as well.

They've got one coming out w/ VF5 artwork. When's that released for the 360, July? I'm gonna pick that up for XBLA. I didn't mind the 360's analog stick for Pac Man CE at first, but the more I play the more it's frustrating me. It'd be really cool if the one Hori stick could work w/ the 360 and Wii. They both have usb ports, so *maybe*. Not holding my breath, but hey, anythings possible!

It looks like it might be wireless since it has the + - and home buttons like the wiimote. I haven't used a GCN controller with the VC games to know whether or not these buttons are mapped to the controller.

I think you are right. If it plugged into the controller ports, it would be a GCN controller, not a Wii. If it plugged into a Wiimote it wouldn't need +/- Home buttons, unless it added them for convenience (which would still rock)

edit:

Now that I look at the classic controller, I see it adds the +/- Home buttons. So this Hori must be classic controller in an arcade package.

Edited by antron

I have the 360 Hori Stick. It's not wireless (so I don't expect the Wii one to be...? ),

the stick is microswitched, personally I find it a little 'loose' though for real tight control. The buttons aren't

microswitched but operate adequately.

It's a grade beneath arcade quality, but still a huge improvement over a gamepad or the likes for arcade. I know it

helped scoring big on galaga on live:)

Now if they only made it 8/4-way switchable THAT would be great!

cant wait to play guilty gear and street fighter II turbo with this. i got a regular Sega brand stick for my saturn and it was the biggest waist of 20 dollars ever. i always regretted buying it and not getting a Hori. This will have to be my first, and im very very excited. I love the colors on the stick, looks nice. id bet you that it plugs in the wiimote.. good observation.

the very fact that hori is making a stick for the console i think says alot.. says we should expect more fighters.. my favorite genre. i seriously cant wait for this and the other games to follow. I know that all there is right now is VC fighters, Neo Geo coming soon, and Guilty Gear coming out soon.. but im sure with this more devs will take advantage of this.

not a bad price either for a high quality controller. better deal than the ace combat controller for the 360 lol

not a bad price either for a high quality controller. better deal than the ace combat controller for the 360 lol

What's the relation between a flight controller and an arcade stick and why would you want to use one in place of the other regardless what kind of deal you were getting?

I have the 360 Hori Stick. It's not wireless (so I don't expect the Wii one to be...? ),

it will more than likely plug into the Wimote.

is the 360 Hori mod-able at all? Some Hori's, like the Real Arcade Pro, can be completely upgraded.

Hmm, yes I agree, that seems likely.

How do you mean mod - able? Everything is mod able ;)

But I guess you mean configurable with dipswitches like the arcade pro?

No... No switches or anything for autofire etc.

it will more than likely plug into the Wimote.

is the 360 Hori mod-able at all? Some Hori's, like the Real Arcade Pro, can be completely upgraded.

Hmm, yes I agree, that seems likely.

How do you mean mod - able? Everything is mod able ;)

But I guess you mean configurable with dipswitches like the arcade pro?

No... No switches or anything for autofire etc.

I mean you can remove the buttons and joystick and replace them with standard arcade parts.

What's the relation between a flight controller and an arcade stick and why would you want to use one in place of the other regardless what kind of deal you were getting?

uhhhh. i never said i wanted to use the flight stick for a fighting game or visa versa. i simply said that im getting a nice quality controller from one of the best controller makers and im not paying up my nose for it like that or a 360 steering wheel. doesnt mean id want to use a steering wheel on street fighter or anything.

uhhhh. i never said i wanted to use the flight stick for a fighting game or visa versa. i simply said that im getting a nice quality controller from one of the best controller makers and im not paying up my nose for it like that or a 360 steering wheel. doesnt mean id want to use a steering wheel on street fighter or anything.

Well my point is, why would you compare the price of two completely different controllers that serve two completely different functions? Would you also say.... Not a bad price on that BMX bike I bought and a much better deal than a Porche? :lol: At least make some sense when comparing controllers...How about like say compare the Hori controller for the Wii with the Hori controller for the 360 which amazingly are about the same price AND serve the same function. :P

• 1 month later...

Well done Play-asia, the stick arrived this morning :thumbsup:

Nicely packaged, and the Horri packaging looks like official Wii packaging.

First impressions are good, the stick is a nice size to sit comfortably on my lap.

Control is nice and clicky, not arcade quality, but not far off.

Made playing Pac man, Donkey Kong, Galaga and Sonic much nicer to play IMO.

I don't have (or like) fighting games, so I can't comment on it's fightability!

BTW it is remote, the Wii mote plugs in a la nunchuck, with a good length of cable to put the Wiimote out of the way.

All the standard Wiimote buttons are covered, home, select A,B etc, plus there is a row of dip switches at the top to toggle all of the buttons on or off.

So far I am happy with my purchase, I'll let you know more when I have got a few more miles on it :D