IGNORED

Wait... no more Samus?

AtariJr

if you go to wii.ign.com it has on the merry-go-round of pictures a link to see screens of prime 3. but it says in the short description it's her final mission. so they are stopping the prime series? kinda stupid if you ask me... its like M$ stopping the Halo series. Hope I'm just not understanding this well. :ponder:

Nintendo is notorious for this. They've said similar things about Mario Galaxy and Zelda: Twilight Princess. They say they're "changing forever" and whatnot when it's really just in controls.

And if Nintendo was killing the series... then they must either be losing money on the games or losing their minds.

Well, crap. I'll have to find a new series to rob me of my weapons at the start of every damn mission, and make me play through every section twice. See ya in hell, Samus. Don't come back until you're like Super Metroid again. :)

Yeah, I'd bet that the Prime series evolves into something else. Maybe a super-high tech return to 2-D, perhaps? Or a fully explorable 3-D sandbox type of world. Anything is possible. Hell, Prime 3 is the ONLY reason I want to get a Wii anyway.

By the way, this game's been delayed a week. Minor setback, or first step on the slippery slope? Discuss. :)

nope. just means they have quality control. zelda was delayed too.. granted for much longer, but im still glad they did....

i dont want potential, i want a fun game.

Edited by AtariJr

its like M$ stopping the Halo series.

Although Halo 3 was planned to end the Halo series, future Halo games are likely. On the Halo 3 FAQ from the official Bungie website it says, "Q: Is this the last ever Halo game? A: It is the conclusion to this story arc." This refers to the two announced games in the Halo universe, including the new Halo Wars by Ensemble Studios. Of the other project, very little is known. Bungie has said that it will be on the Xbox 360, and it will be "made in partnership with Lord of the Rings and King Kong director Peter Jackson"[citation needed] and a recently formed development studio headed by him under the name of Wingnut Interactive.

From Wikipedia.

Halo 3 WAS supposed to be the final Halo.

Edited by Hyper_Eye

Yeah, the Prime series takes place between the NES and GB sequel. And as many others mentioned, this is only the end of the Prime triliogy and Retro Studios will do something else for a while before they work with Nintendo again. Hopefully Nintendo can now produce a follow-up to Metroid Fusion.