IGNORED

Wanted: Ham Radio/Packet BBS software

jfalcon

Greetings,

Does anyone out there have a copy of Packet Radio BBS program for the 8-bit? I know the Commodore or IBM was usually the platform of choice when it comes to it, but I'm curious to find out if there was any programs written for it doing this purpose and additionally how it handled multiple connections over one serial line.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
The only Atari 8bit software for Ham Radio I have heard about was in this issue of Antic... and yes, I read this article back in the day...

http://www.atarimagazines.com/v4n7/radiomodemsoftware.html

I have some software for packet radio - and use them on little Atari - HAM-PACK made by some Polish RadioAmators.

on 64KB Cartridge.

• 1 year later...

I got a lot of Atari 800's last week, in one of them was a cartridge without a case, labeled HamText. It's one of the programs noted in that Antic article linked in this thread. Here it is just in case someone wants it.

I used the Scanalyzer program to make an exe. I can only seem to load this on an 800, though the cart works just fine in an Atari 1200xl, maybe some one more knowledgeable could fix it. This same 800, has a toggle switch to disable/enable the cartridge port. Maybe thats the reason I can load the exe , but it loads with the switch in either position. Not sure whats going on. In any event, here it is. If someone really wants a proper dump, and can walk me through producing one, I'd be happy to try.

When the program loads, hit enter to get a menu.

Charlie